Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Tucker isn’t going to be Trumps running mate. He hates the guy passionately IRL and that would involve spending a huge amount of time around him. Tucker definitely doesn’t see himself as anything but the main character, and he knows very well how Trump treated his last VP.

I don’t think Tucker runs, but if he does run he’s a legit scary candidate that when looked at a certain way has been positioning himself for a while. If he went hard left on economics and hard right on social issues he’s got a real shot of being our Hitler.

If Tucker won the nomination I’d start making my exit plans and if he won the election I’d move to TBD in South America (gotta keep my time zone somewhere between EST and PST).

Totally agree.

Yeah him winning is GTFO time for us, for sure.

I don’t see how this guy gets to be president. He’s hated just as much as Trump, his background is 100% coastal elite, he’ll get demolished by the MSM and won’t even have the backing of Fox! Until he became the darling of the right 5 years ago there’s just so much on him. Swansons, MSNBC, CNN, Crossfire/Stewart, bowtie, dominion discovered text messages, probably a lot more that I’m missing. PA suburb voters don’t vote him I don’t think.

Social media matters more than regular media. Tucker is like one or two pretend realizations away from being racist Bernie Sanders. I agree it’s a longshot. That’s why I wouldn’t even start worrying about it until he had the nomination in the bag.

There’s definitely a very wide lane for a bigot who gives white people free shit. We indirectly have been talking about it on this and other forums for years. About how many dumb poor white voters vote against their own self interest because minorities would get the free stuff, too.

Tucker is uniquely in positioned to offer that.

1 Like

It’s hard to separate this from the timing around the Dominion lawsuit; maybe along the lines of VFS’s post above, firing him was a stipulation of it?

If so, I assume it would have leaked, and it would have cost Fox almost as much as paying the full number. Their stock lost nearly a billion in market cap when they fired him. It’s since clawed some back.

Somehow I only heard the first part of Don Lemon’s spicy comments (about Haley) and never the second part:

Mr. Lemon had asserted on-air that Nikki Haley, the 51-year-old Republican presidential candidate, “isn’t in her prime, sorry,” adding, “A woman is considered to be in her prime in her 20s and 30s and maybe 40s.” He dismissed the objections of his female co-hosts by responding, “I’m just saying what the facts are — Google it.”

lol that’s so bad

I don’t think Tucker has a plan or there is any threat of him running for office. I think he got caught doing something really fucking bad, so bad Fox of all people couldn’t bury it, and we will learn what it was by tomorrow.

2 Likes

cost them 3/4ths of a billy wasn’t it?

That money is gone, Tucker could have helped them make it back presumably. As others have pointed out you can’t lay this at his feet, this was a choice the network made on several levels simultaneously. I think it absolutely was the election denial and the network wanting to get away from people heavily associated with Trump (who you can be 100% sure Rupert DOES blame Trump for the money he lost)… they’ve done this to a few people when they get too hot.

But I think riverman’s thesis has a lot of equity too. We’ll see.

1 Like

not unless this settlement spooked advertisers

FNC doesn’t give a fuck about advertisers they make all of their money from carriage fees. Nobody reputable has been willing to advertise there in like a decade. Those ads mostly just exist to burn airtime and let them set things up. Mypillow guy was a pretty typical Fox advertiser before 1/6 lol.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, I was going to say that sexual harassment is a job requirement at Fox News, not something you get fired for, unless there’s a lawsuit. And there it is.

Although isn’t 750 million dollars worth like 100 sexual harassment lawsuits?

:leolol:

(I don’t particularly want to link any of Glenn’s tweets but if you look at his account, there are a lot of them and he is mad)

2 Likes

There has to be a german word for the feeling all of the olds are going to get when they turn on their teevees at 7:59 tonight and its Tulsi Gabbard or whoever with tears in their eyes reading from the teleprompter.

ugh CNN is out there flooding the zone with anti-disney content to keep meatball’s already slim chances alive.