Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1688755767216836608?s=20

https://twitter.com/mc_cokes/status/1688991859576639488?s=20

these takes are bad, “close” to cancelled means engagement is through the roof

Mind you, that was definitely a “Guys I’m not mad, am in fact laughing” post for sure.

Just wondering:

I knew who Richard Hanania was before the start of this month
  • True
  • False

0 voters

Bad pole. Needs a “I still don’t know who he is, and I do not intend to find out” option.

3 Likes

If you still don’t know who he is then clearly you didn’t know before this month either.

he’s a rabid white supremacist who has “reformed” by switching from (at least publicly) “black people commit crimes at higher frequency than whites because they’re genetically inferior” to “guys, it doesn’t matter why blacks commit crimes at higher frequency, as long as we commit to arresting them”

not even really kidding. that’s basically it. he’s the pseudointellectual’s version of “I’m not a racist, I don’t even use the n word.” perfect yglesias bait.

from hanania’s “rebuttal” to the latest hubbub:

One of the most dishonest parts of the Huffington Post hitpiece is the argument that I maintain “a creepy obsession with so-called race science” and talk about blacks being inherently more prone to crime. I do no such thing, and ultimately believe that what the sources of such disparities are doesn’t matter. We simply need to come down hard on crime, which involves reforms like investing in policing and making use of DNA databases and facial recognition technology. The reason we can’t do this is because of concerns over disparate impact, a cancerous idea that needs to be extirpated from the law and our broader culture more generally.

There’s a looooot going on in there.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1688964991859232776?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

He’s not wrong, tho.

lol-nyt
Sounds scary! I better learn more!

Oh…

Mr. Goldsmith served in the George W. Bush administration as an assistant attorney general and as special counsel to the general counsel of the Department of Defense.

and

a Harvard law professor and a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution

LOL NYT

1 Like

Also LOL HARVARD

1 Like

Sounds like this guy sucks.

1 Like

IMG_1061

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. I kept my post brief but this guy’s column was basically just a less-unhinged sounding repetition of all the Trump talking points.

Goldsmith:

There is no getting around the fact that the indictment comes from the Biden administration when Mr. Trump holds a formidable lead in the polls to secure the Republican Party nomination and is running neck and neck with Mr. Biden, the Democratic Party’s probable nominee.

Trump:

HOW CAN MY CORRUPT POLITICAL OPPONENT PUT ME ON TRIAL(S) DURING A CAMPAIGN THAT I AM WINNING (BY A LOT!)

Goldsmith:

This deeply unfortunate timing looks political and has potent political implications even if it is not driven by partisan motivations. And it is the Biden administration’s responsibility, as its Justice Department reportedly delayed the investigation of Mr. Trump for a year and then rushed to indict him well into G.O.P. primary season.

Trump:

CAN A PRESIDENT ORDER HIS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TO INDICT AN OPPONENT JUST PRIOR TO AN ELECTION? WHY DIDN’T THEY DO THIS 2.5 YEARS AGO? WHY NOW?

Goldsmith:

This is all happening against the backdrop of perceived unfairness in the Justice Department’s earlier investigation, originating in the Obama administration, of Mr. Trump’s connections to Russia in the 2016 general election. Anti-Trump texts by the lead F.B.I. investigator, a former F.B.I. director who put Mr. Trump in a bad light through improper disclosure of F.B.I. documents and information, transgressions by F.B.I. and Justice Department officials in securing permission to surveil a Trump associate and more were condemned by the Justice Department’s inspector general even as he found no direct evidence of political bias in the investigation. The discredited Steele dossier, which played a consequential role in the Russia investigation and especially its public narrative, grew out of opposition research by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Trump:

The FBI Special Agent who was in charge of the Fake Russian Collusion Witch Hunt just plead GUILTY TO CONSPIRACY. What a disgrace! They knew I was innocent all along, and yet we went through hell and back to get the NO COLLUSION finding from Mueller. Do I get an apology from the FBI & DOJ? What we have exposed about our Country is incredible!!!

And it goes on and on with some of the Hunter Biden nonsense, the First Amendment feint, etc.

4 Likes

Male anchor on Philly 10 (NBC) just dropped a “she persisted” coming out of network drop on the Ohio vote.

1 Like

These anti-anti Trump slappies are the nut low. If Garland is Biden’s slappy then that makes Barr Trump’s slappy. And guess what, Barr agrees that Trump is a criminal thug that deserves to be locked up. Case fucking closed, lock his ass up.

If only 5 people bother to respond to your dumb local news poll, maybe you should just ignore it rather than, you know, broadcasting it?

pole

6 Likes

ah yes the same paper that dug into the harambe kid’s dad’s criminal record

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1690168955892015104?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg