Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Not the only one, but a pretty extreme outlier.

Even my wife knows all that stuff and she doesn’t give a shit about Taylor Swift, and even less of a shit about football.

The number of people age 10-60 that don’t know about either had to be pretty small.

nope!

What’s that from?

looks like WSJ

wishcasting

Of course it is.

Written by:

Mr. Busch is founder of the Napa Institute, a Catholic organization.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-finds-awinning-abortion-message-trump-haley-best-chance-save-unborn-26557fa0

https://archive.ph/gdyO6

RIP to the latest “guys guys we’re gonna fix the news” attempt

non-paywall link

And they already deleted their site, lol

As the saying goes…

“DON’T KILL THE MESSENGER”

2 Likes

I’d literally never heard of The Messenger, but I thought Josh’s comments were interesting.

Social media companies no longer care about news. If anything it’s a brand risk. They’re not a big source of traffic. Nothing remotely like the glory days of a decade ago. The digital advertising market has also totally collapsed for news publishers. To speak very, very generally, the social media behemoths cut publishers out of the action. If you’re an advertiser and you want women in their 30s who are into crosswords and prestige TV you just go to Meta and advertise there. The problem has been compounded by changes in the ways sites are allowed to track people. The big point is that on every front, the business model of big sites with massive audience publishing nothing in particular but having a lot of eyeballs is totally dead. Obviously advertising still plays a role for publications. But a publication has to have a real purchase on a particular demo to be able to sell ads with any success and they almost certainly need to be selling subscriptions too.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-messenger-shuts-down-and-some-thoughts-about-why-it-ever-happened

1 Like

https://bsky.app/profile/wagatwe.bsky.social/post/3kke6owzone2e

This is the guy who wrote Bari Weiss’s “maybe Chauvin was innocent” piece

Plenty of cash in being a race traitor.

cc: The Right's (and centrist/liberal media's) war on trans people

By Bret Stephens’ ex-wife Pamela Paul

These people write like twitter shitposters. “ideological extremism” and “tratment orthodoxy?” WTF are you even talking about, Paul.

1 Like

Oh no, it is so much worse than I thought. The NYT also ran this editor’s note (from the Opinion Page editor) basically endorsing Paul’s work in the name of…I don’t even know what, just look at this shit:

non-paywall link

My colleague Pamela Paul recently spent a lot of time talking to several of these young people about how and why they once thought of themselves as trans and then went through the experience of what’s called detransitioning. Pamela, who writes often about society and culture, including issues of gender identity, wanted to listen to and learn about the questions, anxieties and experiences that these young people and their families have grappled with.

Ah, yes, Pamela Paul definitely wanted to “listen and learn about the question” and come to a reasoned conclusion, wherever the evidence took her, in a conversation exclusively with *checks notes* the extremely small group of people who regret transitioning that conservatives repeatedly weaponize

Pamela Paul is Pamela Paul and will never be anything else, she’s more of a trainwreck to kinda point at and laugh at, like she can’t help herself. But someone in this person’s position endorsing this both-sides bullshit, gaslighting you into thinking she’s trying to tell the full story underneath an article describing “ideological extremism for treatment orthodoxy”? Fuck all the way off you garbage fucking paper

1 Like

Anyone on Twitter: “God Pamela Paul sucks”
Jesse Singal: “HOW DARE YOU 1/x”

I don’t think self-awareness is jesse’s problem, he absolutely knows exactly what he’s doing, he’s just a totally brazen and shameless shitbag

More police at mosques? What could go wrong?

idk about this, reading into biden’s primary “performance” seems like a pretty dumb idea in general, but lol @nytimes anyway

Yeah lol NYT, I can’t believe the options are anything other than

• this is basically an uncontested primary so why care at all, or
  • 96 percent is really high in an unserious primary where Biden voters have no reason to show up and this Phillips clown is earnestly campaigning for votes

How did they find a “this is bad news for Joe Biden” angle here??