Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

And in other NYT news, they published a puff piece about a Koch heiress with the typical level of scrutiny they give to Republicans:

(^ thread)

holy shit

Goes on to uncritically quote only Republicans.

Yeah, that’s the article Chotiner was quoting above.

Unrelated, Michael Hobbes does not miss:

8 Likes

Haven’t read article but why the hell is this plastered as the headline of cnn???

I don’t get the anger part. In the city of Philly, everyone seems to live their non-work life in the neighborhood. Talking about something 25 blocks away may as well be 25 miles.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s kinda banging tbh

The plan, designed to reduce the use of snarled-up city roads during peak traffic times, would require residents to get permits to drive through the filters, enforced by cameras, on six key roads.

I’m all for cities where you can walk to everything you need, and where you never have to leave a radius of a 15-minute drive or walk or whatever. But I’m not so keen on restricting people’s movements.

Never the less, his idea is different from the 15-minute cities idea, which is literally the notion that everything you need should be within a 15-minute bike ride.

The conspiracy theory is that the liberal elites want to do climate lockdowns and restrict movement. And of course CNN is playing into it.

FUCK YOU PAUL RYAN

You shithead. You kept your mouth shut publicly. Screw your goddamn fiduciary responsibility to the Fox corp. You have a higher responsibility as a citizen. What a fucking sleazeball bastard.

1 Like

I’ll give Paul Ryan credit he hit the exit doors at the perfect time if his goal was to retain a shred of credibility. He’s a massive traitor to his class and as such is a special extra shitty type of piece of shit, but I don’t think he’s stupid or incompetent and I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him.

EDIT: Imagine growing up legitimately super poor with a super dysfunctional family and somehow ending up Paul Ryan. An even wilder example of class betrayal than Hillbilly Elegy fuckface whose name I’ve already forgotten because him we’ll never hear from again ever.

3 Likes
2 Likes

You don’t mean Senator JD Vance, who we’re going to be dealing with for the rest of our lives as a senator, right? Cause he wrote Hillbilly Elegy.

I forgot he won. I don’t expect anything of note from him besides being a median GOP chud. I don’t care I still refuse to know his name or remember his smug punchable face.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see JD as a viable presidential contender in the next decade.

Hispanics going GOP has been a total game changer