Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

This. He’d be pretty high on my, “Oh we’re fucked if he wins the nomination,” list, I bet. He’d probably be tough to beat in PA cause he’d run up better margins than usual with higher turnout than usual in rural PA… and I bet he’d outperform in the Pittsburgh suburbs that are usually swingy given his performance after the derailment.

Basically, this…

Could very easily be the next Tragic Death of the Republican Party.

Only thing we’ve got going for us is @boredsocial is not @Riverman. We need a Riverman guarantee that JD Vance is going to be President some day.

JD’s problem is he’s kind of obviously a fake schmuck and even the MAGA idiots know it. I don’t think he becomes a top tier candidate in 2024 but he could be a viable 2nd tier guy behind Trump and DeSantis. By 2028, who knows.

NYT continues to NYT.

1 Like

Sounds like campus liberals pushed him really far to the right!

3 Likes

I mean the NYT is flat out pushing right wing propaganda now, but if you polled the country you’d get like 70% it’s liberal, 20% it’s fair and balanced, 3% it’s conservative, and the remaining 7% would be like, “What’s the New York times? Eastern Standard I guess?”

4 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/politics/tennessee-ban-drag-show-performances-governor/index.html

In recent days, Lee has been accused of hypocrisy after an unidentified Reddit user posted a photo from a 1977 high school yearbook, which purports to show the future governor dressed in women’s clothing and a wig alongside female students dressed in men’s suits.

CNN has been unable to verify the authenticity of the photo.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 1.42.21 PM

Womp womp

@riverman

1 Like

Somebody is doing a lot of drugs.

1 Like

This would end Jesse’s career if these idiots were ever held to any meaningful journalistic standards.

1 Like

A good rundown of the recent St. Louis “whistleblower” story and the supposedly-liberal dipshits like Chait and Yglesias that couldn’t wait to jump on an obvious pile of bullshit about kids identifying as attack helicopters:

Are they seriously calling Bari Weiss and Yggy prominent center-leftists?

Not Weiss; obviously she’s a full-of-shit conservative grifter, rather it’s about the liberals who were dumb and/or transphobic enough to give her an ounce of credibility.

Because there’s a fucking recording of him at the murder scene at the time of the murder which he lied about. Where does NYT find these morons

1 Like

Feel like everyone has unlimited access to bad opinions on internet these days so any outlet trying to do actual news reporting/investigation should just completely nuke concept of opinion pieces

5 Likes

Sentencing by a judge tells you what an experienced observer thinks of the strength of the case. Here the judge clearly thought he was a lying liar who lies. And murders.

Effing NYT

Is this real? Cause lol

Despite the fact that even Chait has gotten a bit embarrassed by that St. Louis story, Jesse Singal is still all-in on kids identifying as attack helicopters