Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

On the Media is right, the whole journalism ecosystem is basically high-school drama but with adults.

yeah

on the one hand I do think nuzzi is old enough to know what she was doing, she definitely knew better than to continue covering the campaign in general and RFK in particular, and deserves whatever happens at this point to her career, but on the other a lot of the coverage feeels pretty slut shame-y, definitely very catty high school stuff

I judge people for getting sexually involved with obviously untreated lunatics with absolutely no redeeming traits all the time. Every man who has ever had sex with Kimberly Guilfoyle (absolutely including the governor of CA) gets a massive dose of side eye.

When you do that and get compromised professionally by it I veer rapidly into publicly point and laugh shaming behavior. Do you think I have any sympathy whatsoever for Will Smith or Ben Affleck? I actually deeply resent the fact that I know anything about either of their love lives and think that shit should be able to stay fully private. The fact that they’re so messy that I know about it is a large faux pas that is not in any way about sex.

Everyone go have all the sex you want in any way you want with whoever you want. Please don’t make such a massive mess in your pursuit of that that it becomes such a spectacle that it intrudes on my line of sight or I’m going to judge you quite harshly.

Yeah I have a lot of respect for Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes, I think they’ve been even photographed in public once in the last decade and it was at the opening for a movie they were both in so they didn’t have a choice.

I’d probably be a little less extreme than that, like the paparazzi would catch me taking my wife out to dinner and stuff like that if we were famous, but we’d court zero attention and try to minimize it.

1 Like

https://bsky.app/profile/tomtomorrow.bsky.social/post/3l52rvvys3a2b

I’d actually like to extend huge compliments to Chappell Roan of all people on taking a large stand on frankly ridiculous ‘fan’ behavior. Our celebrity culture is such a toxic nightmare my most fervent wish is that the people caught up in it can get out as soon as humanly possible.

If I was dictator of the world the celebrity news outlets/beats would get shut down at the same time as Fox and friends. I don’t want to read/hear/see shit about the private lives of “famous” people. The rich and powerful are a legit beat, but the well known because they have a cool job set should be left the fuck alone.

1 Like

Danm, Klippenstein got axed from twitter because of free speech (still on Bluesky)

What’d he do? Also I get the vibe like he’s becoming one of those weird post-left guys.

Probably this.

I can’t figure out what’s so unusually damning about this dossier

Instead, the Vance Dossier enumerates pretty reasonable liabilities as a then-contender for VP nominee, including:

“Vance has been one of the chief obstructionists to U.S. efforts to providing [sic] assistance to Ukraine.”

“Vance criticized public health experts and elected officials for supporting Black Lives Matter protests while condemning anti-lockdown [Covid] protests.”

“Vance ‘embraced non-interventionism.’”

Lol, all of these are seen as assets by the Trump campaign, not liabilities.

Uh:

During the 2016 campaign, Vance indicated he believed the women who accused Trump of sexual assault.

• In 2016, Vance indicated he believed one of Trump’s sexual-assault accusers over
    Trump and mocked Trump for not telling the truth.
  • In 2016, it was reported that Vance tweeted “what percentage of the American
    population has @RealDonaldTrump sexually assaulted?”

During the 2016 campaign, Vance linked racism and xenophobia to Trump’s base of
support.

• In 2016, Vance said people who “might be described as if not as racist at least as
    expressing some sort of racial resentment” were supporting Trump.
  • In 2016, Vance said, “there are people who are drawn to Trump because he says
    racially insensitive things”.
  • In 2018, Vance was still an opponent of Trump, citing his race-related policies.

Vance has suggested there was no sign of voter fraud in the 2016 election.

1 Like

Just scanning the table of contents, it’s hilarious that most of this “oppo research” appears targeted at, like, a Republican primary voter or something. The vast majority of potential vulnerabilities are “this guy might not be MAGA enough”, with almost nothing along the lines of “hey what if normal Americans think this guy is a fucking freak when they learn more about him”.

Also seems pretty likely that Leon’s censorship over this whole thing could be more damaging to either of them then the actual doc is. People are too lazy to read it, but they’ll suspect it’s pretty salacious if it’s worth censoring.

NFI what the “including Haitian migrants” is doing there.

I saw something on Reddit about Elmo saying that since it has Vance’s address it puts his children in danger.

Elmo cares more about Vances children then he does his own.

2 Likes

He should be asked this question every time he steps in front of a reporter until he answers it.

1 Like

They left out the couch fucking apparently.

Like goofy said, it’s a document of things that might be disqualifying to conservatives.