Wookie's Walrus Wreveal

Between having a meta-theme in mind when choosing all my categories and also wanting to be distinct from past Walruses, it was a risk I was willing to take. I got a ton of stuff I’d never heard before, so I think I wasn’t toooo too constraining. But this wasn’t our only repeat, either.

2 Likes

for me I felt I had a few choices but that just felt like the best song and time period for Wookies likely age bracket

1 Like

Pain. I’ll take solace in the fact that you enjoy the song. Umphreys has a pretty large catalog you might enjoy.

1 Like

For this category, or future ones?

All. Only one repeat in this category.

Same :catjam: :leolol:

1 Like

Jason isbelle is sad as shit, that’s a fact.

but Friday night in ybor city, which was a part of Tampa relegated to Cubans, i thought would check a couple boxes.

1 Like

Oof yeah I thought this might happen. Pretty sure my pick for #5 will be a repeat as well.

I cannot wait for second category

1 Like

Zomg podium?

the real podium is the friends we made along the way.

1 Like

The first member of our podium I thought might be an old blues song based on the title. It wasn’t quite that old, though. It really nails the theme, although the lyrics and melody aren’t really anything to write home about. Despite being kinda old, I don’t recall having heard this song before, which I think hurt it a bit. If I’d had a sense of nostalgia associated with it, I might have put it higher. As is, it sounds a little too old fashioned to me to land much higher than this despite being pretty danceable, but congrats on a great pick. I recommend watching the video for the outfits and dancing.

Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid

1 Like

Ill take it. Felt like a fun bop about partying on a friday. Glad you liked.

5 Likes

how would this one have done wookie?

1 Like

4th, I think. I looked it up earlier when you mentioned it.

2 Likes
1 Like

I thought it was this song: Keb Mo ** Soon as I Get Paid ** (LIVE Rawa Blues Festival) - YouTube

Do I need to do any score keeping or anything at this point in the festivities?

Love it. Would have been a close call with our eventual winner. Why’d you drop out?!

We can work together on that, but we’re short on some claims, still, I think?