Wookie's Walrus Wreveal

Me. I suck.

1 Like

Our next entry works a little better as a club dance track, but it suffers from being kinda cheesy, mainly with the French but also with the music and English lyrics, too. Kinda fun, but shown up by the next couple tracks that are similar in genre.

Ellis - Speak Français

I’m starting to get :vince2:

i might win this one if no one else picked it

I think wookie said we already got both duplicates in this category.

:vince3:

Our next song just misses the podium, and while it isn’t exactly my kind of music, it succeeds where the prior two dance tracks struggled because it paints a very clear and specific picture for the kind of dance and environment. Euro discotheque, flashy lighting, smoke machine, popping and locking. Doesn’t quite hit me as much as our podium, but it’s good at what it’s trying to do.

Christine and the Queens - Je disparais dans tes bras

1 Like

Still alive, back to back podiums!

1 Like

For the first member of the podium, despite “dance” being the central theme and title of the song, It’s not what most people think of as a “dance” track. I wouldn’t call this one a BANGER, nor does it really fit with many dance styles. It’s kinda…American-style rumba? I dunno. It sounds pleasant enough, and the clear rhymes, relatively simple vocabulary, and repetition make it easy to follow as a non-speaker. I like the vocalist.

Indila - Derniere Danse

That’s mine. I almost made the mistake of submitting another song from this album before realizing it was in Italian.

1 Like

For a moment I was confused why someone submitted the Jefferson theme song to this category.

2 Likes

sacré bleu, je suis très déçu de votre jugement

2 Likes

La deuxième place goes to a really sheepy song that I nevertheless thought was going to win, until I realized I’d missed one song from the middle of the list I’d gotten. Only one person submitted it, though. Not sure if you were on the first level or were successfully on the third. Gotta lot of nostalgia packed into this one, and it’s been in the front of my mind, too, after just having taken MrsWookie to the live and updated show not too long ago.

Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, P!nk - Lady Marmalade

1 Like

Aww hell, I was disappointed enough not winning this category, but finishing behind this trash song…

:harold:

I would have spite ranked that last before listening to any other songs if I was hosting this category.

1 Like

Notre grand champion took me to a much deeper and darker place than I expected to be after having been listening to mostly dance tracks. It’s really raw and personal. I like the minor key and the melody. I try not to put much weight to the videos in this, as some songs have them and some do not, but I couldn’t help but do it in this case. The use of the stutter in the music would not have really made sense without the video, but it’s really effective with it. The whole video, really, is so minimalist but also so important to feeling the song. He puts a ton of emotion and anguish into his dancing and expression.

Stromae - L’enfer

You, sir, really do have excellent taste.

Did you enable close captioning? It is a pretty dark song.

1 Like

Yours I take it? I suppose I should have expected nothing less from a connoisseur such as yourself.

1 Like

Yes.

Yes, that is mine.

2 Likes

I was robbed! stolen election! impeach the wookie!!! IT WAS A PERFECT PHONE CALL