2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Meh… ime bourbon and honey is better

The Mucinex with the decongestant scrambles my brain something fierce. Just straight-up Mucinex, not extended release, works really well for me. I take the Costco generic. Without it, every cold I get turns into bronchitis.

My go-to for colds is Advil Cold & Sinus behind the counter. For allergies Allegra-D. If it doesn’t have the pseudo it’s worthless.

Always give me the D

The first Taco Bell opened in Tenochtitlan in 1412.

3 Likes

Wasn’t pizza invented in the middle ages or something? Italians just brilliant at food since way back.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Hot Take Thread

Sorry, but that nuclear hot take regarding Italian Food was just way too hot for this thread. The entire forum was at risk of melting into plasma. Moved it to the hot takes thread.

4 Likes

Didn’t read the articles closely but sounded like customs/Border Patrol team is who managed to capture that dude alive. Weren’t they the ones who finally confronted the TX shooter too? I had assumed the TX situation was just a matter of proximity but are they like way better trained than state/local law enforcement or something?

Not according to @riverman

oops didn’t see that that take had come from this thread. mods doing god’s work.

NSFW but this clip is incredible I almost pissed myself

Can we start a gofundme to pay someone to punch Kennedy in the face? My god what an insufferable piece of shit.

https://twitter.com/this_is_mallory/status/1700134602730561959

1 Like

Optometrists HATE this one weird trick… where you give me $11 and I waste your time on a bunch of bullshit.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. If you need glasses and you fell for this that woman deserves your fucking money. I am fully 1000% on the side of the scammer here.

You get evidence that you need glasses every single time you take off your own fucking glasses. I didn’t get glasses until I was 14 and I still remember the moment I first put them on. The world went from being a giant blur where I basically got shapes and types of things and that’s it to essentially perfect human vision. (Yes I got Lasik later in life, yes I got lucky with it and had no ill effects, no I wouldn’t do it again knowing what I know now about the potential risks)

I’m sorry but I don’t know how I could ever have less sympathy for a mark than this. This is a victimless crime truly. If you fall for this it was never your money lol.

She could barely keep it together to complete the tiktok without laughing. That’s how insanely silly this is.

sounds like something Big Glasses would post tbh

3 Likes

Big glasses doesn’t want you to know that it’s possible to buy perfectly good frames and lenses for <50 bucks on the internet.

1 Like

yea those always suck though IME. or fit poorly.

I have a $250 pair from lenscrafters I got 6 years ago with carbon fiber frames that I’ve stepped on, sat on, slept on, dropped, etc still are as good as the day I bought them. I’d have broken 10+ pairs of the cheap ones by now

Ha ha I literally just got back from my first eye exam in 5 years less than an hour ago.

On the one hand the optical industry is a complete scam and total rip off, but the real thing they don’t want you to know is you can get decent quality glasses from China online direct for less than your copays at any chain optical store. I enroll in my work’s vision plan once every 3-5 years to get the eye exam covered and get a small supply of daily wear contacts which I only really use for beach or skiing trips where I hate wearing my glasses.

edit: looks like I was slow ponied on this one

I actually thought it was parody for like half of it.

so where are people buying glasses?

i just get mine from costco, they are pretty cheap with my vision plan and I really like being able to walk in and have them make adjustments etc on demand. I got some rx sunglasses all scratched up and they remade the lenses for free.

2 Likes