Club Soccer - LOL Chelsea

HOLY SHIT A SECOND PENALTY

both no doubters

and saved, damn, looked like it was struck well

woof thatā€™s a blown penalty call that should have gone against wrexham

Iā€™ll definitely be the sweet summer child and say City will face major punishment

In fact, they already did. 20% of this info got them a 2 yr CL ban, but on appeal CAS said the statute of limitations had expired.

This all stems from city being hacked in 2015.

So, people have their books, emails and all the hard evidence.

Every other club has actually been following the rules and hates them. This is why United and Pool are for sale. If you want to compete with city, you have to be run at a gigantic loss. This is because city are cooking their books to the hundreds of millions.

City were the only team in Europe whose revenues went up during the pandemic season where there were no fans in the stands. They claimed they sold an extra 300 million worth of shirts/merchandise.

What Juve have just done is much less and they have gotten 15 points, maybe another 30 coming.

I think its a coin flip City are in the EPL next year.

1 Like

as an arsenal fan Iā€™ve gotta think you wouldnā€™t really want them docked points this season? If it were spurs then Iā€™d for sure have mixed feelings, but deep down it would take a lot of fun out of it. Thatā€™s a shitty situation and totally unfair and if it happens then my god itā€™s not Arsenalā€™s fault, you play the hand youā€™re dealt. But still. Jesus christ if Spurs won the league that way then 90% of non-spurs fans would have a brain aneurysm from giggling

If arsenal win the next 3 matches ill say I wouldnt want them docked points.
City beat us handily at the emiratesā€¦maybe.

Ive obviously just never liked city. They took nasri and sagna from us. Chelsea have stolen way more transfer targets, gave us maybe our worst ever bad beat (03? CL SF) but I still think I dislike city more.

Chelsea at least had fans and culture before their money. City just have no soul. Ive never liked pep ball away from Messi, its also joyless. Obviously an 11/10 manager, but id rather watch a Klopp team any day.

When I was young and naive I believed Wenger when he said FFP would save the sport and balance the playing field. Now, a pessimist would say he only said this to shield the club from their frugility post building the Emirates. That might even be true.

But even as a Canadian, the Middle Eastern takeovers just take some of the soul out of the game. A German system that didnt have that happen (and would even block american billionaires) would be so much better long term.

2 Likes

Leeds are so snakebit.

Also, their CBs are awful

Think we have to say arsenal are snake bit when thr VAR officials fall asleep halfway through a check.

1 Like

super fun that the high of the city game was followed by one of the worst weeks for spurs ever; losing Lloris and Bissouma right before CL16 + favorable FA cup draw + t4 push isnā€™t great, and Porroā€™s debut wasnā€™t great, but the Bentancur injury is honestly devastating. For me heā€™s spursā€™ least replaceable player. There are future timelines out there where last week ends up a significant fork in the road for Tottenham. Spurs are always up and down so you never know, but unless Sarr or Skipp have a massive response then I think spurs are sorta temporarily screwed

1 Like

iā€™m not live but holy shit this dortmund goal to open to scoring is amazing

1 Like

Best fans in the sport

1 Like

Lol, look at the posts on the City subreddit after their charges.

This was after their decade of financial and tax fraud eas again put into the spotlight, the emails where City hiearchy cheered and laughs at deaths of UEFA officials.

Should aspire to those sports washing levels.
Should hang more banners about club lawyers (who they are paying 400k a week to)

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of whataboutism to me. At least Arsenal got to be top of the table at the International break. Maybe they can qualify for the UCL.

1 Like

Speaking of UCL, Adeyemi finally showed up for Dortmund and my goodness.

1 Like

ā€¦

1 Like

I mean, the whataboutism is about supporting an authoritarian oil regime with a human rights record from the 1800s who have bought a team and cheated from day one.

Drunk idiots at every ground are bad, we arent a month removed from a spurs fan kicking ramsdale.

was multitasking during arsenal/city but didnā€™t notice Ƙdegaard doing that much? Without himā€”or maybe especially without Jesus & Parteyā€”Arsenal just donā€™t have much of a creative engine, especially compared to City.

Of course Iā€™ll love it if Arsenal step on nine rakes between now and May, and if that happens itā€™ll go down in history as another spring collapse, but thatā€™s not totally fair, Arsenal are the youngest side in the league and growing pains were always gonna be hard to fade, and also City is freaking awesome, down year or not, theyā€™re just a class better & deeper than everyone else. Arsenal arenā€™t done, they have time to snap out of it before their brutal stretch in April/May (@pool, @west ham, v saints, @city, vs chelsea, @newcastle), and at any given time theyā€™re one city hiccup away from the whole mood changing

1 Like

I donā€™t support City? I just like to see class and Haaland + that service is pure class.

Basically the last couple of weeks teams have double covered saka/martinelli, kicked saka a ton and had xhaka/odegaard/nketiah have to be the ones making the difference. They havent been able to do so.

But, partey and Jesus are maybe the two best arsenal players. Saka is somewhere in there as well, but you maybe just cant lose two of your 3 best players for a few games and beat man city.