COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

Oh I’m sure they exist, but her temperature standards for a pool are quite high.

So far so good on unmasking at the table and doing a little indoor dining when outdoor is unavailable. So far 3 for 3 on negative tests (testing weekly). Being recently boosted is probably a big part of that. Plan is to continue this strategy until we’re about 4.5 months out from our booster, and if we’ve faded it that long, try to turtle up again for the last 6-7 weeks until the fall booster.

I don’t really expect to fade it that long, but I didn’t think we’d last two weeks either.

1 Like

Did you at least not get sick till after the trip? Oy, as much as I love cruising, I think that’s one thing that I’ll likely never do again in a post-covid world. Having active Covid on a cruise ship sounds awful.

Just make sure you get paxlovid when you inevitably get it. The rebound sucks, but you avoid bad outcomes.

Cruise ended this past Monday. Symptoms started Thursday.

1 Like

nate’s a lab leak guy

Someone else please read so I dont have to.

I tried, but honestly, my reaction was very similar very early on to @TheDudeAbides reaction and I gave up.

America’s Frontline Doctors

https://archive.ph/oGrLP

When wackadoodles with expensive tastes turn on each other.

Basically this whole thread needs to be hammered into people’s skulls:

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1682763808023121922?s=20

6 Likes
  1. The Wuhan lab has precursor of COVID (there’s no evidence for this)

This lack of evidence is central to the thesis! It proves how deep the conspiracy goes.

2 Likes

Actually, this is an important point: if this was an innocent accident or accidental lab accident, there would be records of having that virus in the lab. You can’t believe any version of the lab leak theory without believing in an enormous coverup.

1 Like

Wow, McTrollson thinks he’s smarter than nate silver.

So the current version of the lab leak “scandal” is that back in early 2020, scientists didn’t have bulletproof ironclad proof that it wasn’t a lab leak, therefore they should have been pushing the lab leak theory? Even though there wasn’t any evidence pointing towards a lab leak? Just want to be sure of what the zeitgeist is here.

2 Likes

Nailed it.

And therefore you can’t trust them on anything

1 Like

Latest I saw was that there are Slack chat transcripts proving some kind of malfeasance, and you couldn’t pay me enough money to care enough to read those, so I guess I’ll just never know

1 Like

From Genius Boy Nate’s blog post:

The messages show that the authors were highly uncertain about COVID’s origins — and if anything, they leaned more toward a lab leak than a spillover from an animal source. But none of that was expressed in the “Proximal Origin” paper, which instead said that “we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible”.

Yea, nate, you fucking moron - that’s how science works. Just because you believe something, does not mean it is a hypocrisy if you find otherwise. The available data did not point to a lab leak origin, so they did not publish a lab leak origin.

This isn’t some insane conspiracy or hypocrisy, it’s how the scientific process works, and the fact that he acts so befuddled by it makes me think it’s either an act or he’s a colossal moron. maybe both.

2 Likes

Is Nate’s set over set bust out in ME on a stream somewhere because I have an urgent desire to watch that right now

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PokerGO/status/1679301752905154560?s=20

had it on my favorites

2 Likes

Lol