ELECTIONS Thread: Menendez May Run Indy in NJ

Parsing rules is useless. If they win again it’s curtains on any semblance of a functioning democracy.

Step 1 of Project 2025 is replacing all the guys with the guns with Trump loyalists who will absolutely obey his orders.

And that’s fine, and if steps 2-47 are to unilaterally replace the current U.S. constitution with some other governing document by fiat, then ok that’s bad and waaf. Under the current constitution though, the legal head of state will not be orange on Jan 2029, unless he loses in 24 and wins in 28.

Or Ivanka runs in 2028 with Donald saying he is still going to run things for all practical purposes

The scenario can be that his VP Nancy Mace or Noem? can win in 28 and he will enjoy federal immunity from all the criming. All I’m saying is that he won’t be in office beyond a constitutionally set limit, a limit that only an amendment can change.

On the subject of the thread, reminder that we have elections in two days:

• Ohio voting on Issue 1 (establishing abortion rights in the state constitution) and Issue 2 (legal marijuana)
  • Kentucky governor election, Beshear running for re-election vs. AG Daniel Cameron
  • The entire state legislature of Virginia (House + Senate) is up for election

Fuck Mitch so much

and yet Trump continues to crush Mitch and even called him a RINO at one point

Lol, Fuck you might have worked in ‘20 if republicans controlled congress completely and enough republicans voted not to certify the election. Easy to see how it works in ‘28.

It was curtains in 2016, most just haven’t realized it yet.

Nah, in 2016 Obama told reporters on background that we could hold up against one term of Trump but not two, and think everything we have seen up to this point is consistent with that.

The problem is that all that is standing in Trump’s way, on both sides of the aisle, are a bunch of geriatric stiffs that are not even close to being up to the job.

When Trump wins in 2024 and finishes us, the weakness of the D party, as symbolized by Biden’s rotting corpse being offered up to voters, will go down in history as the pinnacle of political ineptness and rot, on par with the Weimar Republic.

2 Likes

Every single obstacle that’s supposed to stop guys like Trump has failed, the guys with guns aren’t going to do shit to stop him. Joe’s not even that bad as a candidate, tbh, America just wants Trump back.

Yep, exactly this, the handling of 1/6 was our Munich.

2 Likes

Also man are we going to regret the end of the smoke filled rooms picking nominees.

1 Like

The guys with guns stopped him in 2020, just as Obama predicted. Those same guys with guns will be strung up by the new guys with guns in 2024.

Biden isn’t that bad on policy. He is dreadful as a political leader.

Man it’s going to be somewhat entertaining watching voters getting their faces eaten off by hyenas though. That’ll be the only upside to this.

Grunching but there’s zero fucking chance Trump is ahead by 5% in Arizona. There’s just no fucking way.

I remain unshook, Biden has got this. Bookmark me, come back in a year and save selves some time

1 Like

I only agree to the extent that he’s probably like +7 there, not +5.

this is the part of the story where we pray that california expats vote anti trump

Count me as one of the unshook ones. Guy will be federally convicted, and Biden actually gets better the more spotlight he has.

Also think the anti-trump vote will be just as rabid and the pro-trump vote has cooled considerably