Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

1 Like

Dickhead has a fair point.

Other than Thoughts and Prayers, what support did the anti-Saudi Senators provide the PGA with in fighting off the Saudi takeover?

I think the most important lesson to glean from this is that even if you’re one the absolute best in the world at what you do like rory, your company can and will fuck you if it’s convenient for them.

1 Like

Uhhhh

https://twitter.com/bobharig/status/1668806466189533184?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Must have thrown his back out carrying that bag home.

1 Like

I think the most important lesson from this is that money is all that matters in this world to everyone but our closest family and friends, and in any decision that isn’t a personal matter involving family and friends, anyone weighing anything over money is going to get fucking smashed to pieces in this world.

But it’s because it’s a monopoly. If you are the best in the world at something and there is an actual competitive market for that type of labor then it should be different.

1 Like

DJ making quadruple bogey on two!

:vince3:

Fan yelling “LET IT SNOW!” after one of his subsequent tee shots.

:vince4:

1 - Drove it in the left bunker, 2 - failed to get back into the fairway and ended up in the deep shit. 3 - Hit it super heavy and put it in the barranca, 4 - took a drop in the fairway. 5 - Tried to play it past the hole and use the slope to bring it back, but ended up over the back in thick rough on a sidehill lie… 6 - ran it way way past the hole. 7 - left the putt out to the left, 8 - couple feet left to clean up for QUAD.

3 Likes

Rickie dressed like he’s going to a luau.

Rory narrowly missing the closing ace on 9! Wowww that looked like it had a chance for a second.

Lots of talk about LACC not holding up… But clearly there are plenty of bogies lurking, and the leaderboard has plenty of class. I think LACC asks you to hit a variety of shots and answer some intriguing questions from a chess match perspective, and that tends to identify the best players. I don’t care too much whether they’re being identified at 67 or 72, as long as the cream rises to the top and the course is interesting.

It’s a damn shame 6 isn’t on the back, though. Great golf hole.

After the merger announcement, my interest in golf has dropped below zero. Ughhh.

2 Likes

The NLU guys talked about it, said Thursday the greens weren’t firm enough for it to play like they were expecting. Looks like the conditions got much tougher for day 2 and I imagine it is only going to be more difficult these next two days.

That’s kind of what I figured. Haven’t had a chance to watch as much as I’d like or listen to the NLU shows about it, since I’m grinding every day. But I know we’ve had over an inch of rain the last week in Vegas, which is crazy, and I figured LA had some too.

I actually think in the modern game a lot of times one of the best defenses is actually tight fairway on slopes to feed the ball into bad spots on misses. The people calling for narrow fairways and deep rough are really just calling for Bryson and Koepka to win everything by bomb and gouging.

1 Like

LET’S GO RORY!!!

Where is Fowler on the heel meter? I want him to win but only if he’s wearing the highlighter orange clown costume.

If he’s in the final pairing tomorrow there is no way he isn’t wearing solid neon something

Dreaming of a Rory/Rickie pairing tomorrow, I love both of them

Need to see Rory with a mullet and stache

He didn’t join Liv and is one of the most well liked players on Tour. Heel?

The highlighter orange Sunday suit is for his (and my) alma mater, Oklahoma State. /homer rant

Most of these dudes are busy doing Trump rallies, complaining about taxes, or picking out pima cotton sweaters for their schnauserdoodles to wear on private jets when they aren’t golfing. Just wondering where he’s at on that spectrum.

Turning down the Liv bag when his form was down and he is one of the biggest draws around should be worth something. All I could find was that he endorsed Romney ¯_(ツ)_/¯