Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

He had some really bad tweets a long time ago, but I forget the details. Racist or sexist or homophobic, something like that. But the LIV thing was at least somewhat redeeming. IIRC the tweets were from when he was a teenager, for whatever that’s worth.

x-posting this for xtended reach

this merger thing is a big opportunity to rewrite the rules, don’t waste it

1 Like

Yes because what the sport really needs is a way to turn 5 hour rounds of golf into 6 hour rounds of golf

1 Like

that’s just a bonus side effect

If this is a modern US Open, I can get used to it. Birdies and eagles out there but doubles and triples lurking, too. Roll the ball back 10-20% and it’s money.

download (1)

this course is short and looks crazy tricky. I’m glad they’re showcasing courses like this.

1 Like

I think a great example of why the leaderboard is all class is that front nine hole that asks for a fade off the tee to keep it in the right half of the fairway, then a draw to get around the trees in the barranca to go at the green. That’s testing ball striking.

1 Like

What a bunch of complete bullshit.

what is?

Lol I get most impressed by DJ. It does not appear like he ever really gives a crap or tries that hard but he just casually waltzes into a t10 at the open. the only LIV player I actually missed.

Clark with a DART

that putt never had a chance

ARE YOU… NOT… ENTERTAINED???

1 Like

IF rory comes back and wins this its almost as good of a sports story as tiger’s masters comeback

COME ONNNNNN RORS!!!

this course ending on these three holes is such great design

classic LA style course. tight and tricky because the real estate costs so much

The Orange Dreamsicle comeback.

2 Likes

yea I really wanted it for him but he wasn’t putting well this week. just throwing darts. how many 3 putt bogeys did he have? he’d be a contender right now if those didn’t happen. most birdies in open history and he’s way back. feel bad for him because I feel he’s been playing a lot better lately.