Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

Would have never guessed that a guy named [checks notes] Brandel Chamblee is a complete asshole.

1 Like

Worst Masters ever?

1 Like

TGC / CBS have correctly figured out (long ago, I might add) that I don’t want to watch the biggest golf tournament of the year, but I do want to watch people talking about the biggest golf tournament of the year while the leaders are playing on the weekend. So you can’t argue that the business intelligence / marketing analytics aren’t working because man they’ve really got that shit figured out.

1 Like

only if koepka wins

he’s well known for saying really stupid things but has a weird following.

tiger was pretty savage once and responded to some dumb thing he said with “I imagine he’s for people that don’t golf”

masters.com is way better coverage btw

It’s not their call, and the coverage on the Masters website is excellent.

He trashed Tiger for years and the racists loved him for it. Let’s not sugarcoat it.

I mean that’s just the icing on the idiot cake here. the fact he can even think he can talk down or about Tiger, given tiger’s unbelievable run, and this guy qualified for ONE master’s in his fucking career and won a single tournament - is just laughable and it’s almost a given that anyone who takes him seriously is an idiot.

I didn’t buy OLED TVs to watch sports on my phone y’all.

1 Like

oof tiger chunked one into the water at 16

ESPN+ app, or hook up a laptop to the TV with HDMI. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah he was on the “Tiger’s finished, he should retire, he’ll never win again,” thing for like seven years. That’ll be starting back up this week from someone, I’m sure.

The reality is it comes down to walking and holding up physically, and that remains to be seen. If the leg can improve from here, you never know.

1 Like

lol yea that master’s win shut a lot of that crowd up. no one can ever talk shit about tiger after pulling that off. I mean, some try, but it’s just laughable.

watch out for tiger in a major with sunny and warm conditions and the putter is going. doesn’t take much with him to get going. he still hits the ball long. as long as he hits the ball long he’s gonna be at least somewhat of a contender.

his numbers are still ridiculous even when he’s sucking. tiger just had his first double bogey in 97 rounds. I can’t make it 97 minutes.

this is a fatigue thing. he’s been playing 8 hours.

fuck I shoulda pulled the trigger on this, this was so predictable.

Of course I could duct tape stuff together or pay yet another subscription fee. The point is I’m not going to do that because they could just show it on TV like every other golf tournament.

it’s not on tv at all today?

It’s always 3PM then I think 2PM Sunday? Doesn’t matter who’s playing or what’s happening. If you wanted to see Tiger shoot a morning round 66 in some previous year, well too bad.

ah that’s lame. the online coverage is very good. TV golf coverage is always very bad for some reason. I hate watching non major tournaments on the weekend, which I nearly always do, because it switches channels every hour and doesn’t show what you want to see. I finally sucked it up and got espn+, but even that isnt too awesome on non-majors.

Welcome in to live TV coverage ANNNND there’s the horn!