No way to prevent this: teen murdered while returning an airsoft gun to a sporting good store

“Highland Park killer”? Who? Am I supposed to know which one that was? Mass shooter at a July 4th parade outside of Chicago in 2022. BBC do you how many f’ing mass shootings happen in this country? I have no memory of a July 4th parade shooting outside of Chicago where only 7 died much less of the “Highland Park killer”.

I remember that one…

It’s where I came up with the bipartisan, common-sense gun control legislation everyone can agree with:

“Maybe don’t sell the automatic rifle to a young guy with a face tattoo.”

Not far from me, actually.

https://x.com/shannonrwatts/status/1726976125015122070?s=20

https://x.com/shannonrwatts/status/1729283831440740397?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Freedom!

What the actual fuck is wrong with our country. Gotta terrify the children so this dude can wave weapons of war around on the sidewalk

1 Like

i feel like i just made this point not too long ago - people need to be harshly confronted with the realities of gun violence if we want any hope of change. if 20+ elementary school kids dead no longer moves the needle, let’s start showing the pictures and watch these fucks twist themselves into pretzels explaining how billy having an 8 inch hole through his face is the price of freedom.

3 Likes

Yes, 100%, been saying this since Sandy Hook. And if kids can take literal bullets I think society can handle them seeing images of same.

It is the price of freedom. They don’t care.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters. Large percent of Rs think that owning guns is what will protect them from some non-white person from putting those bullet holes in their children and raping their wife. So it would only reinforce why they need to arm selves to teeth.

Granted it probably could motivate some people who already think assault weapons are bad to make it a higher ranking issue in their voting decisions

I disagree. One trick right wingers have pulled off is making normal people think their insane views are far more widely shared than they actually are. Gun control polls at like 80%+. Even in Republican districts, MAGA lunatics are getting curbstomped in local elections. Nobody likes them.

Counterpoint: The leader of MAGA with the most insane MAGA views is currently a betting favorite to win the presidency.

1 Like

The newshour recently had a discussion about whether the media should be more willing to publish graphic photos of gun violence. The Post apparently published some graphic (by current standards) images of damage caused by AR15-style weapons.

No one cares though. Catface figured this out on UP years ago.

Polls on a single issue are literally worthless unless it will actually change their voting habits. Guns clearly don’t do that. Abortion might, which is why Democrats should be blasting it from every rooftop.

people seeing little 6 year old susie with her guts spilled on the pavement on the morning paper might shock some people into voting though.

people post a few videos of a girl being kidnapped by palestinians in front of her boyfriend and they passionately wanna genocide 2 million people, surely this type of shock content could move people.

I dont know what else you can do. I get viscerally angry every time i see that whole “the sounds of children screaming” thing being edited out. not because I want to hear them, it just gives the gun nuts such an easy escape card. they get to have their toys that make them feel like big strong men without having to see any of the terrible parts of it. like how our iphones are basically made by slaves. apple works real hard at hiding the realities of that fact, otherwise a lot fewer people may buy iphones.

It’s like abortion or healthcare: the Dems wafflecrush Republicans when they actually push the issue. Of course they never do this because they’re cowards. Biden could run aggressively on outlawing assault rifles and easily win. He won’t.

For real, how many decades did Dems have to enshrine abortion rights in state constitutions? Not until now anything’s happening. And lol it’s not as if they didn’t know Republicans were making overturning Roe a #1 priority.

some new info out of uvalde about just how clueless the cops were (we already inferred most of this from the outcomes but this is new reporting)

1 Like

Shooter on UNLV campus, reports of 28 shot, unknown number dead. Shooter reported dead. But other reports stating there is potentially still a 2nd active shooter.

yea this is gonna be horrific

thoughts and prayers