Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

If China launches 1000 of these a week forever we going to shoot them all down?? Feels like some movie where they going to send the plague on the 100th one

ok maybe this shit is serious?

4 Likes

Isn’t Montana and the Dakotas where most of the nukes are located?

Maybe this is China’s master plan to bankrupt us? They send up a couple thousand dollar balloon. We waste a couple hundred thousand dollar missile.

Surely someone could develop some kind of high-altitude anti-balloon gun.

I started a thread for this topic, feels like it’s going to be a thing for a little while. China/Russia/Aliens Observing/Invading Our Airspace?

2 Likes

We have a GOP insanity thread but nothing for the other end of the horseshoe, so I’ll put it here. This is in response to someone tweeting that people were smoking on her subway car.

1 Like

Im always stunned how little these kinds of people know about the rest of the world.

Part of the problem here is that this person and their ilk was probably not even alive the last time you could smoke in bars, etc. A good argument for not pushing older folks out of the party.

The irony is that if they bothered to google for 5 minutes, they’d know that the “anti-smoking drive” was mainly done for and by service workers and the labor movement.

1 Like

In other news:

Young, rural, progressive, and knows that the Democratic Party has been forgetting about rural areas for a while. Looking forward to see if she can be effective.

2 Likes

dem establishment should go all in on young women IMO

1 Like

1 Like

archerphrasing.gif

1 Like

Don’t really care about the game, but holy hell was this good

3 Likes

This is a whole thread. I find this shit hilarious

3 Likes

lol, stuff like this is funny when trolling buuuuut oh wow he’s serious

1 Like

Oh he’s serious, and I guess I’m choosing to laugh

He can’t be serious if he isn’t reducing those totals by 3/5ths…

:leolol:

Not sure if there’s ever been a more appropriate use of the Leo emote

3 Likes