Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

The telehealth adhd pill mills are problematic. At some of them the evaluation literally consists of “do you have trouble concentrating?” → max dose adderall

About once a week I see someone psychotic/hospitalized from prescription stimulant over/misuse so it’s not a harmless issue. My understanding is so long as the provider sees someone in person at least once they likely will be able to refill by telehealth (this was actually the rule precovid but was less utilized)

1 Like

then regulate those ones, don’t punish the patient, it’s draconian and lazy and if the DEA was anything but a bunch of for profit thugs/criminals they’d be able to deal with it

plus there’s plenty of in person pill mills.

They feds are definitely already coming after some the most brazen.

It sounds good in theory for them to go after more the tele providers but I can tell you if even a couple well meaning docs get heat from the feds word spreads quick and then soon no well meaning docs going to be prescribing stimulants.

The context is important too, it’s not like these are new rules, just a rollback to pre COVID. Of course they’re plenty in person shenanigans and I’m sure eventually things will work out for telehealth longterm but it’s not like this was a well thought transition.

It was “O shit the world just shut down with no notice” and I think the feds actually handled remarkably well considering how long government usually takes to handle things

Where does one find these online docs who will shower anyone with adderall? (just so I can be sure to stay away from there)

3 Likes

:vince1:

Used to be if you search on Google for adhd related stuff they will find you on facebook ads quickly. Some the ads were literally memes edited implying there was no barrier to get adderall. I think the meme ad company is one the feds shut down

Favorites are Ike, Lincoln, and Harrison.

5 Likes

fantastic

3 Likes

I think this is my favorite:

i am not sure eisenhower qualifies as a mullet

I know, it’s absurd, and that’s why I love it.

it’s pretty weird how midjourney still is doing that weird thing with the glasses when you feed it a starting image

Feels like this going to end up with something not good happening in the not too distant distant future

1 Like

Didn’t Trump terminate the deal that was keeping them from doing exactly this? lol

1 Like

lol, hell no

2 Likes

Yes, of course he did, so obviously this is all Joe Biden’s fault.

Or Biden cuts a deal to head this off, and then gets ripped to shreds for the deal and it hurts him in the election.

Conservative voters think we can just blow up their enrichment facility and that’ll be that, that they wouldn’t dare fuck with us. Never mind that they could definitely fuck with us, and never mind that they’d seriously consider it. They could easily fuck with our allies and start a massive war in the Middle East.

Which will obviously all be Joebama’s fault.

In other news:

That headline is misleading. If you click on the article it says that the amoeba shot him in a road rage incident.

5 Likes