Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

what a dehumanizing pejorative to use for a villages resident!

2 Likes

That’s a rough way to go. You go for the neti pot without using the proper water, and you’ve got like a 100% chance of clearing up your sinuses and like a 1 in 100 million chance of getting a brain eating amoeba that kills you.

But yeah, this is why you’ve gotta use distilled water or previously boiled tap.

and boil the neti pot too. I dont even reuse them. they’re like $15 and I need one at most once a year.

I was watching CPAC clips in the Rupar thread when it hit me:

nixon + quagmire = gaetz

1 Like

Not quite…

1 Like

Where Does AOC Go To Get Her Apology?

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1631706682597179405

2 Likes

but the tax cuts are locked in regardless, right?

lol

1 Like

In a shocking development, yes. (At least according to AOC.)

lol the writers are getting so lazy

https://www.koco.com/article/norfolk-southern-freight-train-derails-in-clark-county-ohio-prompting-shelter-in-place-order-out-of-abundance-of-caution/43194784

A Norfolk Southern freight train derailed in the Springfield, Ohio, area Saturday afternoon, prompting a shelter-in-place order for nearby residents — just one month after the company’s toxic train wreck on the other side of the state in East Palestine.

1 Like

Yikes that’s not far from me.

This was an interesting read, as I used to find Wait But Why very interesting on some subjects, but when he started talking about politics it was very yikes (not MAGA yikes but “both sides should stop fighting so much and dividing us” yikes), and this is a predictable ending:

Urban calls this “ladder” “a thinking lens—a pair of glasses for the brain to help us better understand the world.” For him, it shows us that there are two factions in the contemporary U.S. who pose “an existential risk to liberal societies”: one is extremist Trumpian Republicans (who are discussed in one chapter) and the other is Social Justice Fundamentalists (who are discussed over the course of three chapters). Both are guilty of subscribing to a view of politics Urban calls “Political Disney World,” where there are Good versus Evil struggles with unambiguously correct heroes and unambiguously fiendish villains.

Guy spent the last six years writing his treatise of why centrism is great, and by centrism he overwhelmingly means being anti-SJW above all. What a dunce

1 Like

Definitely a disappointing turn for someone capable of writing in an interesting manner on so many topics.

1 Like

Quoting from the gun thread, where this Stewart interview with the Oklahoma GOP clown was linked:

Someone wrote an article about that sentiment:
https://twitter.com/laurawags/status/1633116452646531074

non-paywall link

This is a better description of the sort of feeling I had about it:

5 Likes

1 Like

Humiliating these clowns makes a difference for normies. I don’t know any libs who believe shit like that sways republicans. That’s not the point.

Anyone got a good idea for a bar trivia name for tonight that references this McConnell concussion?

Brain damaged turtles

Shell shocked Senators?

2 Likes