Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Even ignoring that, I would also say that person is living quite well. Like what is this world where someone thinks putting $5k/month away in savings while living in a decent 2 br apartment in NYC and having a $1500/month car budget and $2k/month entertainment budget isn’t extravagant?

1 Like

Yeesh. Didn’t realize all those guys died of the same kind of brain cancer.

I think they’re some sort of fundamental human false belief that you should somehow get to spend money but also get to keep it.

I kinda fall into when I get irritated about having to spend money I saved for home repairs or whatever. Like fixing the leaky roof is the whole purpose I had for that money but still feel irritated

2 Likes

I just saw a blurb on them yesterday. It is pretty shocking.

Ha same but with IVF for me

Why do you have a car in NY? Maybe stay home a few more nights and get some cooking done since you’re using up way too many utilities anyway…

And that’s not how sales tax works is it?

Nooope.

It’s reasonable in some parts, but not generally.

lol at living in manhattan, owning a car, and complaining. fuck off dude.

2 Likes

C’mon. The example had a $0 clothing budget. Dude is wearing a barrel with suspenders I bet. Just proves $400k is not enough money.

3 Likes

LOL at owning a car if you live and work in Manhattan. One could take cabs/Lyfts everyday and rent a car once or twice or month and still spend less than $1500/month.

$1500/month seems pretty light anyway, considering how much of that is parking/insurance/etc. Dude has like a 72-month note on a 2013 accord.

Everybody’s down on this guy, but no separate line for candles means he’s scrimping,

3 Likes

shout out to the random fellow kroger customer who found my wallet and turned it into the lost and found!

9 Likes

Take the subway.

1 Like

In b4 the “good Samaritan” follows the tracker they put in your wallet and then came to your house to murder you.

1 Like

no

1 Like
2 Likes

Random Wikipedia rabbit hole led me to another fascinating part of US history I wasn’t familiar with, from this article:

That Martyrs’ Day article has much more detail on the incident:

~25 Panamanians were killed.

Lol, $60k a year after taxes for retirement.

1 Like

Also lol $ $1,000 for utilities, $1500 for car expenses (you live in fucking NYC, the whole point is you don’t need a fucking car!) and entertainment $2,000

1 Like