Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

wat’s a rainbolt?

the geoguesser savant guy

1 Like

The Congressional freakout over TikTok is so bizarre and out of touch. TikTok seems to be doing exactly what every other social media company does except they’re owned by GYNS so that’s scary? As if Facebook and Twitter and every other social media service dont sell out to China whenever they’re asked.

2 Likes

I assume TikTok doesn’t donate huge sums of money to the Ds and Rs, and it is outcompeting companies that do, so… here we are.

1 Like

My semi-serious guess is that the Boomers and Gen-Xers in Congress are familiar and comfortable with Facebook but TikTok is a weird new Gen-Z thing they don’t understand so they’re freaking out about it like old people always do when they encounter new stuff.

Also just racism.

yeah if they actually cared about the data issues they would just pass a privacy law that would also constrain the BIG TECH companies they’re always complaining about but this is one of those issues that really shows you what they actually care about (as opposed to what they say they care about) when the chips are down

2 Likes

Is it just tinfoil hat stuff that people having Tik Tok on phones presents some potential liability for China state sponsored cyber attacks? I don’t know much about this

Lol
Tech bros (this asshole has 700k followers)

Also he’s Tom Wambsgans

dude is literally double-digit IQ

yes, the party that blew up the deficit giving you tax cuts and that wants to know what’s in your pants and if you’re fucking a person with the proper plumbing to make babies is definitely courting the moderates who want to balance the budget and stay out of people’s personal lives

Ding ding ding!

What is this all in thing? Selection bias on those I’ve seen with it so far has been that anyone with it is a shithead like this guy.

It’s a podcast featuring the biggest chuds in the universe

This helped me look it up and good lord…

2 Likes

fyp

Nice

It’s a big deal to have the Chinese government install backdoor access to the phones of US officials. That’s not something Facebook would dare.

1 Like
3 Likes

Lol what the fuck kind of brag is that?