Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

This is very normal after overcoming stress or accomplishing a big goal. It’s good to rest and follow a natural routine after - sunlight in the morning, maybe a walk, some physical activity, some hot or cold exposure, healthy food, rest, and good sleep.

I went through a super stressful career switch last year and regular walks + a good comedy podcast series is key. Get a grip on sleep hygiene, avoid drinking. Getting a weekly session with a personal trainer at a local McGym is also something I’d recommend for anybody.

1 Like

Like human abuse :+1:

1 Like

Congrats on the new job. I’m right there with you. I spent pretty much all afternoon kind of zooming around my house trying to decide who to tell/when to tell them, then stressing about not having a good wardrobe, then lying in bed stressing about everything I now need to get done around the house in the next week and a half before I start.

I might need to go on a hike or something tomorrow.

1 Like

Good thread on the grappling technique used to murder Jordan Neely

2 Likes

Big ballin en route to Switzerland

9 Likes

Just booked trip back to India. Was going to be a quick in/out (6 days) but now client #2 has a run in Bulgaria the next week, so going to stay in Amsterdam for a day in between.

Ugh but cha-Ching on the consulting dollars.

1 Like

Nice loafers. I gotta find some slip-on shoes I like for actual walking. Did slides for India trip and my wonky Achilles acted up traipsing around airports.

Not big ballin at all, but in Munich right now. Pretty nice city.

2 Likes

lol TCW is arguing that Neely’s history made it ok to violently attack him so Bouie went for the kill shot

This is TCW’s memoir (spoiler: rap music made him do it)

3 Likes

Nice. Munich is wonderful. Hopefully you get some better weather that I do. Neuschwannstein on a sunny day from the bridge up behind it is stunning (and worth fighting the crowd to see).

I didn’t even realize this happened in SF two weeks ago:

Walgreens security guard shot and killed a shoplifter downtown. There’s video (which has not been released) in which the victim, who was 5’4", is said to have raised his arm towards the 6’2" guard before being shot.

But mostly, it’s a product of policy decisions:

On our way there this morning. Hopefully weather isn’t as ugly as forecasted. No real choice though, as it’s our last day here.

2 Likes

Hopefully you are as lucky as me. It wasn’t supposed to be nice today, but

3 Likes

Nice! Where’s that?

Luzern!

Had a heck of a day today. Some other sights:

If you thought Marvel comics was going a little nuts distorting female bodies so as to get all the goods visible at once, they have nothing on Picasso

How were the castles?

5 Likes

Pretty great! Weather held up the whole time. Wife takes all the pictures though. Will post some when I get them.

In actual politics lc news;

1 Like

1 Like

it probably cost zuck in the ballpark of $44b, so it’s almost as big a failure as twittr, but he can just quietly wait until everyone just forgets what it was, rather than turn into a rwnj-howard-hughes in everyone’s eyes forever.

1 Like