Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Do we even know this lunatics real name?

They definitely got their money’s worth.

1 Like

I got a jury duty summons, I can fill out a questionaire online without going to the courthouse. One of the questions here is “Can you follow the law given by the Judge” and if you answer no, there is a text box to “explain.”

what happens if I type “I believe in jury nullification and will acquit anyone facing any sort of recreational drug use charge”?

ditto for “Do you have any preconceived ideas that may prevent you from being fair or impartial if chosen to sit on a trial”

you’ll prob get dq’d, but also guarantee you wont do that

1 Like
2 Likes

Aw man, RIP to a real one

Doyle Brunson dead at 89, I somehow thought he’d died a decade ago. Seems like a lifetime since I ever cared about poker.

1 Like

I wasnt sure which thread he belonged in, seems like it could go either way (I basically know nothing about brunson other than he won a lot of money playing poker)

NBA thread. He was decent at basketball.

I think he ended up being a maga deplorable though, didn’t he?

This guy is a really good Twitter follow

1 Like

Whew in PA and some good news in FL.

1 Like

Special election in Tempe yesterday to decide whether to build a new sports arena and “entertainment district” on city land. Been inundated for months with dueling propaganda campaigns: “Landfill to Landmark!” vs. “No Tax Givaways to Corrupt Billionaires!” It was supported by a lot of establishment people, the entire city council, a bunch of former mayors really pushing that it would be good for the city. Maybe people are finally getting wise to the boondoggles of publicly supported sports arenas, proposition defeated 56-44.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hate this shit. Build your own damn stadium, don’t spend my tax dollars on it.

3 Likes

If there was money in building stadiums you couldn’t keep billionaires from building them…

lol I only just learned today that the Arizona Coyotes, a real professional sports team, played this past season in a 5,000 seat college arena. Amazing!

Hopefully this is the push that gets them to Houston (or Atlanta or Kansas City or Quebec City or Hamilton.)

The owner stopped paying rent and got evicted from their arena. Ridiculous