Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

I get some people have legitimate medical needs for that stuff but it’s fucking speed. It really messes people up!

1 Like

The advertisements coincide with “reviews” of the novelty items, including an AI-generated promotional video on TikTok that features a fake Trump discussing the handbooks, and a review in “Alternative Science” that suggests former Fox News host Tucker Carlson spoke with a “representative from Trump’s office” about the handbook.

So the use case for this new AI shit is putting artists out of work and scamming Boomers, wonderful. We don’t even have to wait for sci-fi to dream up dystopian scenarios, this stuff is dystopian right out the box.

2 Likes

this is really the best outcome because otherwise these people were just going to give the money to the trump campaign. they’d be broke either way, but the rest of society is better off with this distribution.

2 Likes

Do any of you nerds still play poker in the onlines in the US? Are there any sites that are legit?

With the state of AI like this, I would be awfully nervous about bots that, if they aren’t as good as me, may still make the game unprofitable.

Bots are way less of a concern than humans using RTA for what it’s worth, but that’s a legit concern. Especially at 500NL or higher. Maybe at 200NL.

@McTrollson the answer to your question depends heavily on what state you’re trying to play in.

USA#1

3 Likes

Keep in mind that conservatives consider Jihadist, Black Separistist/Nationalist/Supremacist and Far Left Wing to all be moderate Dems.

They probably consider Ideological Misogyny/Incel Ideology to be communists.

FYP

aCrOsS tHe PoLiTiCaL SpEcTrUm

wHaT aBoUt tHe bErNiE sHoOtEr tHo???

What does it mean to have been “killed in deadly attacks”? Cause I’m pretty sure more than ~260 people have been killed via homicide since 2001.

My guess would be a mass shooting incident where the bad guy opens up on a group of people and it isn’t a robbery or argument or cop.

Today’s entry in “things you should never say, but especially never say if your job title is State Office of Equity Director”:

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1663908483689848834

“During a group discussion, Dr. Johnson said of a staff member who self-identified as Mexican, ‘This may take some time for me because I generally distrust Mexican people. Mexican people have the option of being white when it is convenient for them,’ ” the report says. That person confirmed the statement but did not have concerns about being treated unfairly, according to the report.

looks like DiFi’s appearance unblocked a nominations hearing next week

If I were an R on the committee, I’d demand to see her fog a mirror before each vote.

This is rad:

This is the youngest Congressman in the House (26yo). Hayley Williams, the singer of Paramore, announced to the crowd at a show recently that “if you vote for Ron DeSantis, you’re fucking dead to me”.

2 Likes

You can tell he’s having a fucking blast up there. An he just absolutely skyrocketed himself up the list of rwnj hate targets. Seems like a cool dude, hopefully they’ll just amplify his message for free.

1 Like

I looked up when that song was released and saw that was 16 years ago and immediately regretted looking that up.

2 Likes

Like I’ve come to terms with stuff like Come As You Are being 30 years old.

But it’s when I realize that songs like Call Me Maybe and Gangnam Style are over a decade old, that makes me feel ancient.

2 Likes