Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

I want to get wegovy (I’m like 6’ tall, 205-210). But $1200 a month lol America

Haven’t seen classical Libertarian/Anarchist nonsense like that in a while. I think Trump kinda killed it.

Ask your doctor what they think about the compounding pharmacies semaglutide

ETA personally seems bizarre to me is legal so just feels inherently sketchy lol

how long before you can order some indian knockoff over the internet?

Don’t even have to do that. Currently due to however compounding pharmacies are regulated you can get same active ingredient from a local pharmacy and they just mix with some other vitamin or something to claim it a different product (I think).

FDA not super amused about how some doing it, I don’t know anything about the technical details

1 Like

Got my first vial mixed with some B vitamin today ironically. 800 bucks for enough to supply one adult on 1.0 and another adult on 1.5 for 8 weeks. Sketchiest buying experience ever lol.

1 Like

IMG_0897

1 Like

Any idea what it costs in America’s hat?

Actually, a week after Ring was formed ADT burned down their HQ and killed their C level staff and took on whatever customers Ring had gathered. Both Walter and Marie pay shakedown to ADT, when Marie reports the theft of property ADT retake the stolen property from Walter, plus 10% for “administrative fees” and return 80% of to Marie, they then raise their rates on Marie 5% because she is a bad risk.

how do we keep having these weird conversations with these weird hypotheticals when we already have Robocop (1987)

1 Like

Dude seriously. On the sketchy vial of semaglutide now and it seems to be working? Was kind of expecting to get scammed out of 800 bucks by the time it was all over lol.

Nah compounded pharmacies in the USA are legit

I wasn’t worried about the compounding pharmacy part honestly. We got the hookup through my wife’s hairstylist which is already weird, it was some random NP in west Texas whose hustle these days seems to be writing people prescriptions for semaglutide which are then filled by some compounding pharmacy in Lubbock and shipped to you.

Look it’s been a long time since I bought prescription drugs through text on a cell phone, and never like this. Plus it was awfully cheap. Even when we were getting the Canadian stuff it was 300 per month each, although those were the pens not the vials you have to inject with your own needles.

If it had been a scam it would have just been a fully fake pharmacy somehow, which I admit would be pretty wild. Still I watch people trying to do wild shit with fraudulent paperwork every day at work so my default level of trust is ‘how is this person scamming me’?

Oh it’s scummy as hell. You’re right to be skeptical, but the market is still fairly reliable for now

Meh. Scummy is causing a shortage of a critical drug so that you can protect your new patent which is mostly about the special injectors… which are causing a massive supply chain shortage because the special injectors are the bottleneck not the actual drug.

Love being an American.

Would have to look into it, but I don’t think they intentionally caused a shortage. Their manufacturing process just wasn’t capable of handling the massive demand. It’s a blockbuster drug making them billions, they want to sell as much as they can before they lose their patents

1 Like

This sort of thing generally seems to becoming pretty common (just anecdotal observation)

Sorry but this person should clearly be fired? What are you doing giving other people financial advice when this story has so many off ramps you should have, and failed, to clock?

If it was a scam, I couldn’t see the angle.

This sentence appears after a supposed FTC agent hands her off to a supposed CIA agent.

2 Likes

Obviously dumb but I’m not sure saying fell for a scam fully encompasses the situation, almost feels closer to some form of kidnapping or something. Like if someone sticks a gun in your face and demands money we don’t really call it a scam.

——
The man on the phone knew my home address, my Social Security number, the names of my family members, and that my 2-year-old son was playing in our living room. He told me my home was being watched, my laptop had been hacked, and we were in imminent danger. “I can help you, but only if you cooperate,” he said
——

That paragraph seems overly sympathetic to herself. Like OMG how did they know her son was home??

“You can’t send a complete stranger to my home,” I said, my voice rising. “My 2-year-old son will be here.”

1 Like