The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I dunno if you can draw trends among extremely online people to the broader population.

Threats to Biden’s reelection in order:

1. doing something flagrantly and iconically senile during the campaign like showing up in an empty field and asking where the drive-in theatre is
    1b) An accumulation of less severe senior moments that reaches a critical mass
  2. actually passes away
  3. economic downturn
  4. bleeding support to Green party and/or no labels in key states
  5. depressed turnout among Democrats
  6. increased turnout among Republicans

1 >>>> 2 >> 3 >=4 >>>>> 5 >> 6

3 Likes

I’m also looking at the 538 approval rating average.

I think you’re capturing very different things when you ask people if they approve of something profoundly mediocre (you get a weak approve/disapprove that remains pretty tepid both ways) than if you ask people about something extremely polarizing because it’s actually awful. One group mildly likes/dislikes the thing and the other group loves/hates the thing.

Honestly if I could do away with political polling I 100% would. I think it’s bad for everyone. Politicians should have to make decisions by guessing what would be popular. Informing a bunch of boomers that every decision they could make is a 55/45 results in them siding with the side that pays the best 100% of the time.

RT: https://truthsocial.com/users/catturd2/statuses/110734869928470661
The Republican Party must fight fire with fire, and right now, or it will be extinguished!!!

( truth (lol) | raw text )

https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status/1681294164309204993?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

(image TRUTH)

(image TRUTH)

1 Like

Still think nothing comes of it, but the sheer length of that post makes me reconsider. Dude is big mad at something.

We will see what Smith has on Trump. I’m guessing inciting riots on Jan 6th won’t happen. However, the fake elector stuff will be pretty cut and dry

1 Like

I wonder if he would say the same thing if it was Hunter (or Joe!) being indicted. :thinking:

1 Like

Epic fail by him, too. Like literally just being remotely halfway decent on immigration and treatment of immigrants at the border would lock me in. While I obviously want significant improvements in our immigration policy, literally just being humane to people would have been enough.

1 Like

Fixed this for you, assuming that was some Trump rant about his pending January 6 grand jury situation (I also ain’t reading all that):

happythathappened

4 Likes

Of course nothing will come of it, zero consequences ever and all that, but when he’s frothy I’m delighted and I can’t imagine that ever not being the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/07/18/trump-jan6-target-letter/

He’s getting indicted for 1/6. Might be time to really start thinking about who fills the void now that DeSantis self destructed by going too early.

:leolol:

The voters going to decide, no way he getting locked up during an active presidential campaign.

1 Like

There are some great odds out there for non-Trump candidates if you can figure out who it’s gonna be: