The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

My understanding is that there is a hearing today about it.

:vince2:

2 Likes

Gotta think there some calculus here on judge part if she wants to keep the case of not “doing too much”

When is the trial? Like 12 months from now?

Lol this dumb fuck is good to end up getting his bail revoked. Even if he gets a stern don’t do it again he’ll do it again two hours later.

This judge is going to have a really bad experience with a nutcase… and that’s not going to get the results trump thinks it will. They’re going to be mostly pissed not scared.

Imagine how dumb you have to be to try to bully a federal judge lol. There are good reasons everyone they interact with are trying to suck up to them lol.

1 Like

I feel like if I was on trial and I started harassing the judge and federal prosecutor over Twitter it would not take an entire weekend before someone from law enforcement made me stop.

1 Like

I think it took about 12 hours from the “come at me I come at you” post for the hearing to be set. That’s pretty fast in court terms. I don’t think they can just throw him in jail without some hearings…

If they put him on house arrest he can surely appeal or whatever but I see no reason that would slow down the trial or in any way enable delay. Same for taking away his fake twitter.

I’d like to see ole donny trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

2 Likes

I mean obviously given his track record… but that can’t work forever and threatening federal judges is a good way to find out fast.

He’s still going to keep trying to personally attack the judges every time they do something he doesn’t like.

( truth (lol) | raw text )

I have no idea why but this rhetorical maneuver is the thing trump does that tilts me the most. It’s such a third-grade way of viewing the world which of course is why his base loves it

1 Like

WHAT THE DEPARTMENT OF INJUSTICE IS DOING TO ME IS THE SAME THING DONE BY THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES ALL OVER THE WORLD, BUT IT WILL NOT WORK. WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Yeah there are great reasons everyone I’ve ever known facing criminal charges was essentially ordered by their attorneys not to talk about it privately much less publicly. This dude really thinks the bullshit he does in civil lawsuits will work vs the feds.

1 Like

Except (D) judges have this infuriating instinct to go easy on him lest they (gasp) appear to hate (checks notes) Donald fucking Trump.

Republicans see the whole point of being a judge as punishing their political opponents!

The price of BACON has TRIPLED since June. Bidenomics!

ding ding ding

He is straddling the line just enough for this not to be a “threat against a federal judge.”

Hasn’t been set. I think the judge will rule at the end of August when it will be. Defense needs discovery and then will beg for lots of time to go through it. IANAL