The Hot Take Thread

I’d love to see one of you brave enough to post these takes in the OOT steak thread

1 Like

Meh, that’s just being a dick. I don’t care that other people want to get gud at making a steak, I just don’t eat them enough to have a valid opinion of it, other than a hot take.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. I’d take a ribeye burger over a ribeye steak.

1 Like

I disagree with the grey band steak hot take but I’ll substitute my own: ribeye is among the worst cuts

this is just objectively hipster shitposting imo

2 Likes

Gotta admit I’m not a burger connoisseur but what is the benefit of ribeye burger vs matching same fat content in a burger normal way? Once it’s ground up aren’t we just looking at beef protein to fat ratio and does it really matter what cut it from?

I can’t stand steak. Too much chewing involved. Give me ground turkey or chicken any day.

A great cheesesteak ($10) is better than any steak.

I feel the same way about wagyu burgers. All that beautiful marbling means nothing when you’re grinding it up anyway.

Ground beef is the suck. Anything you can do with ground beef you can do with 99 percent lean ground turkey better. I make a fuckign amazing turkey burger on the barbecue, painted with barbecue sauce, crumbled blue cheese melted over it.

These food takes could melt the sun. In terms of how it eats Turkey is the WOAT meat and it isn’t very close. I guess I’m not a huge fan of bison either.

3 Likes

The key is to paint the turkey burger before every flip, 3 flips total, 5 minutes per flip, 15 minutes total, low/medium heat. 99 percent lean ground turkey, a little bit of bread crumbs, one egg. This is the way.

3 Likes

No… that’s how you make something that tastes like shit palatable.

You are incorrect.

Also garlic and onion powder, can’t forget that.

1 Like

Fuckin librul hippies itt

1 Like

no. no. no.

sorry man burgers are like one of my food staples and I can taste a 10% fat ratio difference between beef patties. there’s no chance you can fool me with lean turkey.

Dafuq is going on in here. I can understand avoiding beef for various moral or ethical reasons but hating on its flavor is a hell of a take

7 Likes

LOL THIS ENTIRE CLIP TO THIS CONVO

turkey can never beat cow, sorry.

3 Likes

It’s not fooling anyone. It’s better. None of that greasy gristly bullshit.