The Hot Take Thread

mushrooms suck. also alcohol vapors and fungus will you. burn every spore

2 Likes

+1 (though not as bad as cooked fruit)

The Muppet Babies >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Muppets.

Deep down, you know this to be true.

Spicy.

s3-ec.buzzfed.com_static_enhanced_webdr05_2013_6_19_11_anigif_enhanced-buzz-11664-1371656826-24

1 Like

World Baseball Classic > The World Series

This DR / Venezuela game feels like the battle for humanity.

Internet posters who end a post with “LOL” are always mouthbreathing morons. Always. Lol.

2 Likes

Guilty. LOL

Patents are dumb and should not exist. Every time I read one of these things in an area I know I risk having an aneurysm just thinking about it. It’ll be a design that’s 100 years old and some asshole adds an ADJUSTABLE METAL SCREW to it that’s completely obvious and needed to perform an important function. Result? GRANTED. I’ve never been to the USPTO headquarters but totally expect a giant room of monkeys rubber stamping everything that comes in.

4 Likes

ChatGPT, show me a photo of a typical patent attorney.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say it right here: Shaq’s new Big Chicken restaurant chain is legit. Plus it has an old-school NBA Jam cabinet, fuck on I am eating here again.

2 Likes

IS IT THE SHOES

1 Like

is it the same as his chicken counter at climate pledge arena?

Animal husbandry is going to kill us all. On the other hand, chicken is fuckind delicious.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a hot take, but as someone who has always been pro-hotel and surrounded by Airbnb lovers (including, critically, my wife) this feels like someone FINALLY willing to SPEAK THE TRUTH that everyone else is scared to admit

3 Likes

I think the main strength of AirBNB is when you trying to lodge more than 2 people

Yeah especially in expensive cities with kids. A very nice and spacious Airbnb is almost always far cheaper than even mid-level hotels.

Looked at air bnb for an upcoming trip and this was pretty much my exact reasoning for continuing to opt for hotels.

Add in that when you book a hotel you just book it. No need to send the hotel owner a message telling them why they should let you pay to stay there and then wait 24 hours to see if they’ll respond or not.

1 Like