The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Whenever I leave a message at the doctor it’s always, “hi this is marksman, my birthday is 6/9/69, and my phone number is 808-867-5309 and I need…”

I hate having to call more than once or having to take a call back unless absolutely necessary. I don’t even want to be on the phone for the call I’m making at the time.

Had a place have some homegrown website where you submit a “request” to be offered a reservation so gave it a try. Heard nothing for a few weeks, forgot about it, then 2 hrs prior to the request got an email saying my reservation was approved lol

Did you go?

You don’t want to get hit with the cancellation fee…

I already had other plans at that point, but I kinda felt bad as is a family owned place where the owner is always working so called them and told them that generally people going to need more than 2hrs notice and they seemed receptive lol

1 Like

Just reading this post enraged me.

omg when people say “what’s the over/under on X” where X is just some binary event that either happens or doesn’t, what they meant was “what are the odds of X”

I see this a lot more recently, I guess this is an artifact of sports betting now being a 24/7 activity for normie couch potatoes

2 Likes

it’s 50/50, it either happens or it doesn’t!

5 Likes

I wear that line out at the pokerz table

2 Likes

If I say that, what I mean is o/u on time until it occurs.

what the fuck, some effete left coast product manager at my company has scheduled an internal WEEKLY review at … 4:00PM eastern on Friday

A couple weeks ago I got added to a twice-a-week 9am standup and I just hit “nope, not going”

I browbeat him into moving it to 1:00 eastern

That you will do from your car on the way to someplace fun?

My AirPod Max died before the line was even refreshed…FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU $300 out of warranty estimate!

Ice cream truck has passed by my house approximately 200 times in the last hour and my wife said “there it is again… the pedophile theme song”

Where do you live? The '80s.

Not sure I’ve seen one since I was a kid.

See one all the time.

TIL ice cream trucks still exist. I figured there might still be a few, but I didn’t think they would be that common.

Also I assume we’re talking about a truck that drives through a residential neighborhood and not a specialty food truck that sells ice cream. I have seen those. Not sure I’ve seen one of the former in decades.

Ice cream truck drove through my neighborhood this afternoon.

Very common sight on any day that is 60+ degrees and not raining.