The Non-political ANGER THREAD

omg siri do NOT interrupt my podcast to read some dumb “your netflix subscription has been suspended” text

1 Like

Its my dad’s 81st birthday so I emailed him and said “ILY”, which I never, ever say.

He’s left me on read for 5 hours.

:thinking:

EVERY ONLINE DOCUMENT EDITOR

hit enter for a new line. then go to heading, change the heading to heading 2 or whatever. 2 paragraphs of text above it turn into heading 2 no matter what you do.

this bug is in every. single. text editor. it’s insanely infuriating. god help you if you want to highlight text and change it’s heading, similar issues.

apparently the “correct” flow is to NOT do a hard return, and definitely not more than 1 if you do, and BEFORE typing anything change the heading, then pray to whatever gods you believe in, and maybe the reasonable thing you want to do will work.

1 Like

People who rate restaurants on google maps

1 Like

Oh yeah my garage door opener can apparently only remember 4 remotes. I have four cars now plus the dumb keypad remote.

1 Like

Did you click the “Helpful” button to let Luvenia know her efforts are appreciated?

Found this little doodad on Amazon which lets me add more remotes

Solidremote 12V - 24V Secure Wireless RF Remote Control Relay Switch Universal 2-Channel Receiver with 2 Transmitters for Garage Door Openers, LED Lights etc (KIT-1) https://a.co/d/97MHWoJ

:stabby:

Four cars? That’s some bougie ish right there.

3 Likes

He eventually got back to me with “I’m really touched, been thinking about this all day”, which, hilariously, mirrors me saying ILY to my first wife a bit.

I said it, and there was a long pause and a sigh and she said “say it again” and I said something like “lmao, wrong response” and after a few seconds she figured it out. There’s a reason she was my first wife.

she’s also my current wife

I feel like this is his way of saying “thank you, I love you too” without having to say the actual words. I think some people in our parents generation genuinely don’t possess the ability to show or receive love in what we consider normal ways. The optimist in me wants to believe that you made his birthday really special with that simple email.

1 Like

You are almost certainly right, thanks. Regardless it doesn’t matter, actions are louder than words here really.

2 Likes

i’m a victim of late stage capitalism

junior #2 will be dumping a car soon, he’s mostly looking at colleges in urban centers, once he’s out of the house I’m planning on moving to a condo downtown and dumping either my car or my wife’s.

1 Like

One of the only times I ever said this to my dad was the night before he died - you never know when it will happen, to this day I’m not sure why I did, but if I hadn’t, I’d have felt much worse about it.

3 Likes

Not 100% sure that someone with a house and 4 cars qualifies as a victim

1 Like

Borrowed the wife’s van

4 Likes

My next door neighbor has a german shepherd named… “blondie”.

i call to make a vet apt at my cat’s cat-only vet. she asks what day i want. i say saturday. “were closed saturdays now.” should have been the end of discussion, I said “oh, darn, ok, let me think” but then she feels the need to follow it up with a very snarky sounding “yea… since september” like im the problem for going 7 months without knowing that. she didn’t say it but it was all in her tone. fuck you, that was so unnecessary.

2 Likes

Should be illegal for radio ads to have car horn honking IMO

9 Likes