The Non-political ANGER THREAD

This, for sure. Love when shows don’t use a set length and let the story go the right length of time.

I drive a 2006 accord, I have this aftermarket bluetooth doodad (USA-SPEC BT35, which has been long since discontinued) that plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the stereo head unit. This lets me stream any audio from my phone and make/take calls, it works amazingly well and I can use the buttons on the steering wheel to change tracks and answer/hangup the phone.

My son has a 2012 accord that has built-in bluetooth and it’s absolutely miserable. Just awful user experience compared with my $100 aftermarket thing. The biggest thing is that it’s sloooooooooow as fuuuuuuuck. When you turn on the car, it ALWAYS asks which phone you want to connect to (mine just tries to connect to the last device it was connected to, and if it doesn’t find that it starts going through its list of paired devices until it finds one). Once connected, using the buttons either on the head unit or wheel to jump ahead/change tracks has like a five-second delay which is INFURIATING (mine is instantaneous) and even more confusing, it somehow infects the phone with this slowness (e.g. if I hit the skip ahead button ON THE PHONE it STILL takes five seconds, what the fuck???). AND the worst thing, if I am listening to a podcast or whatever, I turn the car off, when I get back in the car instead of picking up where I left off it ALWAYS backs up like five minutes. FUCK OFF.

I realize I’m complaining about interface design on a 12-year-old car but from every rental I’ve interacted with it hasn’t gotten any better (there might be a very minimal improvement in my wife’s 2016 odyssey but I barely ever drive that so I’m not sure), car UX design is pretty uniformly terrible (not just with regards to infotainment). And the one plus that cars have had in the past (physical buttons) is getting phased out so they can collapse everything into infuriating touch screens that have no tactile feedback at all

Something I think about often is basically every Boomer having a fucking secretary.

1 Like

What company? You might be able to give it away here: Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals | Timeshare Users Group Online Owner Forums

Travel Advantage Network - a quick search of the first few pages there doesn’t show any references to it. But if I can just reject it then it’s no big deal. But hopefully this is a problem for a long time from now.

it’s so wild how different things are now, I started in “real” jobs in the late 90s and the difference is insane. I would absolutely kill to have even a fractional admin to gatekeep my calendar but instead we have these stupid fucking apps that let basically anyone schedule as much time on my calendar as they want.

1 Like

I’m working from home, I’m all alone, just me and the dog, I don’t have any meetings, everything is great, getting stuff done.

I have my first zoom of the day at 2:30, get on the call, I’m adding value, synergy all that shit and then at 2:40 my wife gets home, at 2:42 my son gets home, at 2:43 my other son gets home and they are SO FUCKING LOUD and they’re yelling and banging doors and fucking god knows what WHAT THE FUCK SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

1 Like

This happens to me every day

1 Like

$3400 + custom lenses for some Ready Player One looking googles with a goofy picture of my eyes on the outside? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!

If there aren’t already contractors whose entire business is soundproofing the home offices of post-COVID suburban wfh-ers there should be.

I would sound proof my whole house if it cost <10k (and didn’t look like shit) tomorrow. IRL it probably costs way more than that.

1 Like

wait that’s a screen on the outside? lol

Yeah, it’s a bit subtle but it does do a lot of indication of what the user is doing so they don’t just look like sunglass wearing freak to people in the same room.

I’m “kind of a big deal” in a couple of forums where either OPs can lock their own threads or where mods will proactively lock a thread when the OPs question has been answered. This is infuriating because the first answer people get is almost always missing important details/caveats or just flat out wrong.

Lol having children.

First day at new job. Been here 3 hours. If you guessed “can’t log in to your work computer” you would be right. Well… I have one? And it’s… 5-3 years old? That’s it at least? It doesn’t have grime on it? As best I can expect for a contract job right

1 Like

Lol at having children and also lol at not having a child. Correct answer is exactly one.

it’s getting nearly perfect reviews and there’s nothing on the market like it, not that surprising really

Reviewers have had 30 minutes with it under supervision of Apple marketing people, but I’m pissed at the price not the product. 4-5k for a slick media consumption device is a little steep, even for first adopter Apple fanbois. They didn’t answer how you use it with your friends to watch the same event, they only described creating an avatar of your face from the initial set up and animating that in Face Time calls, which could be just as creepy as it sounds. They glossed over how you would use it in everyday work, or how many other computers you can hook it to or what the lag is like for it. Hopefully, developers will come up more killer apps for it to add to watching movies. And hopefully my bonus is big enough this year to get one…

1 Like

Is it still the case that nausea a big issue for a lot of people with augmented/virtual reality stuff? Would be curious if Apple managed to crack that