The Non-political ANGER THREAD

I wonder if it could be related to inventory. So many times when ordering some product with identical models in various colors there will be a small difference in the prices among them.

I feel like I semi routinely will see multiple the exact same item for different prices on Amazon? I thought that was just standard with all the different sellers they have? Or am I remembering wrong?

Oh yeah if itā€™s a third party seller there are all sorts of weird issues but in this case theyā€™re both sold by Amazon directly. Theyā€™re constantly adjusting prices by a few cents here and there.

My 1st leg flight is 2 hours delayed so far and will miss my connection, with a pretty good chance that I am stuck in Syracuse NY for another night. :upside_down_face:

Dinosaur Barbecue is the best barbecue restaurant on the East Coast, easy. Itā€™s about 15 minutes from the airport.

(Although full disclosure Iā€™ve had dinosaur bbq and it definitely was good)

Their pork-sket sandwich is incredible.

Itā€™s not necessarily rage-inducing, but why do people put bananas in a plastic produce bag at the grocery store? Do they not realize each banana already comes in its own individual wrapper?

2 Likes

April 15 2007

Snowing heavily from a norā€™easter as I get to Syracuse airport. But still listed on time for 8:30.

There was a 6:00 flight. It is boarded and has driven to the edge of the runway entrance. Those poor suckers are trapped. Snowing even more heavily.

BUT Delta boards us. Turns out Delta has one gate at the airport and goddammit they are going to have us leave the GATE ON TIME

So we board, push back and then they announce the airport is closed due to blinding conditions.

Since 6:00 suckers are still there they decided to bring them in first, so they push us back a bit further to allow them to get in.

At least an hour goes by. Finally our turn to pull in and de-plane. BUT we are stuck. So they have to bring in snow removal equipment and a bigger tow truck.

We finally deplane around 11:30. There is 1 (one, uno) food places in the gate area. Basically deli. They are out of premade sandwiches. The staff brings out cold cuts and just subway us they best they can. There is no place to sit except the floor as we were the last plane to de-board.

Snow stops. We finally take off 8 hours late.I think we leave first as our plane was the one at the gate.

I had been visiting by then gf (now wife) at grad school. So the trip was still worthwhile :wink:

2 Likes

16 hours later, back to same spot, plane supposedly fixed (737 max of course), no crew, delayed another hour, good times had by all.

1 Like

Ugh wtf, airlines are woat

YES I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS

there are two reasons to use the bag:

1. keep goopy stuff off your food
  2. keep like items grouped together

bananas have built-in mechanisms for both functions

sure, the problem is that he just starts blasting me with no context and now I have to do a bunch of detective work to figure out what the right channel is

Still here ~24 hours later. Plane not fixed no eta no new plane coming. And this is fucking united not frontier. I got nothing.

wtf arenā€™t they liable to start paying you to get home somehow at this point if it their fuckup by not having functioning aircraft

hahahahahaha passengers in the US basically have zero protections

Its syracuse thereā€™s nothing hereā€¦ literally. IDK what we do at this point. Wait until they figure it out/get new plane I guess. Probably tomorrow? Hard to believe it hasnā€™t escalated by now but I guess they donā€™t GAF.

Could see if there any seats on flights out of Ithaca or some other small nearby airport and see if they would taxi you there?

True although feel like the credits cards talk a big talk about getting certain benefits after 24+hrs delay seems like surely someone somewhere can help when itā€™s purely a mechanical issue and not weather?

Check:

1. Albany;
  2. Binghamton;
  3. Elmira;
  4. Buffalo;
  5. Philadelphia;
  6. Newark.

All are Driveable from there with a rental car (Newark and Philly being the furthest at about 4 hours).