The Non-political ANGER THREAD

yeah would have to try to get a rental, book, drive, etc. Newark is 4 hours from here. But on the other hand about 1/2 the people waiting have left and presumably found something else so I already fucked up. Feeling a lot like a sunk cost now so kinda want to see it play out IDK.

Maybe new plane coming is the rumor? I’m sure this 737 MAX will work great!

Uh, Rochester is definitely the best option if he’s going this route.

1 Like

In Rochester, can confirm. I’d offer to help out but my mom just got home from knee surgery

You could be having a garbage plate right now, what are you waiting for?

Boarded now. 21 hours late. Tell my cats I love them.

2 Likes

They don’t really care.

(j/k!)

1 Like

feel like for sure you can get a voucher here, I’ve had one for much less inconvenience

My one similar experience was leaving northern Brazil (where basically the only ways out of the country are via Rio or Sao Paulo in the south), our plane was delayed which threw our sane flight plan out the window, and instead of a brief layover in Houston or wherever back to SF we were on track for a 12 hour layover in Miami (after the 14 hours it takes for the two legs to get there) and they didn’t want to do shit for us. My wife’s cousin (hero & legend) yelled at the people at the airline counter in Portuguese for 20 minutes until they gave us a voucher for a hotel near the Miami airport.

The slightly funny part was that after rebooking all our stuff to account for the delay, we end up arriving in Sao Paulo with plenty of time to catch the Houston flight we would have originally been on. But instead I got to go to Miami and watch my (very young at the time) niece and nephew both get diarrhea in the hotel pool, and memories like that are priceless.

2 Likes

Flight out of ohare cancelled after sitting here for 5 hours. Welp.

1 Like

I have had some bad experiences flying from Rochester through O’Hare to the West Coast, including once getting stuck in O’Hare overnight, but it was due to a motherfucking winter storm. Your experience is serious bullshit.

eh its just bad luck. Busted plane in a nothing airport means cancelled flight until they can get new plane. Then 6+ hours of tstorm directly on top of chicago. Can’t say I’m too happy with united but not a lot else they can do. Somehow got us rebooked on virtually the same flight and about to board supposedly so if we don’t make it the black cat likes the base of tail scritched so thx in advance everyone

2 Likes

You’re right, forgot about Rochester.

You might come back to some hail damage too Grue, we got hit pretty hard on Friday :harold:

if you consider yourself a serious restaurant and you charge north of $5 for a single taco and it’s not michelin star, you can go fuck yourself. if it’s north of $10 you can go EXTRA fuck yourself because what I want to say shouldn’t be posted publicly.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just because everything in the Bay Area is so expensive, but I consider it a minor miracle that I can get delicious tacos from a local place for $3 each. Like it feels like cheating that I can order dinner for me and my wife for under $20; why should the humble taco merchant go poor relative to the other food peddlers? Did they not fill my belly? Did they not put a smile on my face?

I feel you, but I do wonder if we should question the taco quo more.

you only eat 6 tacos between you? I feel like i can put down 6 as an appetizer. food prices everywhere have been soaring, of course, but >$5 is just gouging. The ingredients are super cheap and funny enough the places that charge way too much usually make something super mediocre.

I remember when del taco tacos were $0.49 each and larger than the ones they call “value” tacos now at nearly 3x that price which have been reduced to nothing but a shell and if you’re lucky a tiny bit of lettuce and meat and a dash of cheese.

My place is 5 bucks per taco but I gotta start with a fork because the filling is so generous. Two is a burrito sized amount of filling

Getting a text of “I have a question give me a call”

1. Dude just ask the question via text

2. I wouldn’t actually mind this from most people, except dude who sent this is the definition of impossible to get off the phone. “Well I need to hit the roa…” “Hold on, one more thing…”

2 Likes

My wife will often just have 2. I’ll take a photo the next time we get them, 3 feels like plenty of food.

As I’ve gotten older, I just don’t stand for this bullshit. These people absolutely know they’re difficult, they just don’t care.

1 Like