The Non-political ANGER THREAD

working on it

why cant you just say “hey your messaging style is really annoying”

he probably would message you less, win win

tried this already (not quite this bluntly) and his general tactic is to stop doing the annoying thing and immediately replace it with a much more annoying thing

1 Like

I feel you. I had a talk with someone about messaging me after my “working” hours (which was technically 24/7 and everyone knew and abused it) which ended at 4pm, so he then would wait until 3:59 to message me after that

got invited to a wedding today (daughter of my wife’s friend), the actual ceremony is at 2:00 and the reception is not until … 6:30? what the actual fuck, this should be illegal, just absolutely ruins the entire day, why would I go to the ceremony (other than my wife not wanting to make her dumb friend sad)??? fuck this shit.

1 Like

Are they having a full Catholic mass for the ceremony?

yes (do you think this makes any difference?)

It makes a difference in that the mass/ceremony may take up to three hours, versus having a one hour ceremony and then a long break.

Definitely try to get out of attending the mass.

Yes avoid the mass. That’s the 100% correct play here.

what

I have been to approximately 4000 catholic weddings and none of them have taken more than an hour

this is explicitly a situation where there is an intentional gap beteen the ceremony and the reception which is absolutely absurd

Consummation, imo.

Look at mr popular here, hot enough to married to a spouse who has lots of friends who are getting married.

3 Likes

It’s her friends daughters wedding fwiw but yeah

When everyone stood up for the bride’s entrance this bro about three pews up from me stood up and put his hand over his heart

Literally every man in this church is constantly checking football scores

1 Like

So seriously, tho… when are they officially married? Like, legally I assume it’s when everyone signs the marriage license? But according to the church there must be a moment that makes it official and I’m assuming it no longer involves penetration?

Having recently been involved in planning a wedding, my first thought is that they probably saved a lot of money by taking a less premium time slot, or something. Like we had a Friday wedding even though we would have preferred a Saturday, because we couldn’t afford a Saturday at any venue we were happy with.

I don’t think anyone sets out to plan a wedding with a big gap between the ceremony and the reception.

My wife asked her friend about this and apparently “everyone does it like this now” according to the bride.

My sister went to a wedding last week with a similar setup.

Weird, none of the places we looked at were that way but almost all of them had the ceremony on-site so we weren’t moving from one venue to another. I’ve been to one wedding where there was a gap, and I went to a sports bar and watched football. Was there a cocktail hour at the reception? Or just straight to the reception?

1 Like

I had some manner of gap, but I don’t think it was that big. We did pictures between the ceremony and reception, but we had the reception open up for everyone while we were doing that. Is there some other justification for a larger gap?