The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Agreed. Not enough garlic. Now Sicilian, that’s a flavor!

1 Like

You can transfer it to a different registrar and then cancel it or pay much less to keep it.

Pretty sure they are required to transfer it.

(I know this is in reply to a month old post)

Cancel the credit card.

3 Likes

Sovereign Citizens are better armed than the police.

1 Like

Love to click on some local TV news story on their website and be completely unable to figure out where the fuck this station is physically located, there is no clue in the story itself, the only location mentioned is some no-name suburb that doesn’t tell you what metropolitan area they’re in, I have to find the link to their weather page to figure out their actual location.

same for like, coffee shops on instagram. no address, a lot of em don’t even have hours in their bio, fuck off shitheads, how do you run a business like this

1 Like

my son has a 2013 honda accord, like most cars the “bumper” is held on by a handful of these little plastic rivets, somehow he managed to rip the entire front bumper off bottoming out when going down a driveway that was too steep, this also ripped out the front driver side wheel well liner.

I went to autozone and bought some of the plastic rivets, we got the bumper and liner back in but it’s a huge pain in the ass. took a lot of time and it’s very tight in spots. And the autozone rivets aren’t exactly the right ones, it wasn’t super secure and wiggled a little bit but it held in place.

fast forward a bit and my older son is driving the car and like… scrapes the bumper on a curb while parking, and of course it basically falls off again. not completely, the rivets on the top are still holding, it’s just the bottom ones but now the bumper is flapping around so anyway he manages to stabilize it with some duct tape.

I don’t feel like getting under the car again so I call my normal mechanic and he’s like "yeah I can probably fix it but I am super backed up and can’t look at it until friday.

I call the dealer “oh yeah we can do that in like 30 minutes just come on down”

I go to the dealer, the guy at service department checkin is like “uh, we don’t do body work” and I explain that I just called in and they told me to bring it in. He looks at his clipboard and says “ah yeah we got you right here” and scribbles something and tells me to have a seat and they’ll come get me.

45 minutes later he comes over and asks if I checked in with one of the service consultants and I’m like “uh, isn’t that YOU?” and of course, no, I have to talk to another dickhead, the car has just been sitting there. So I go talk to the service consultant and they’re like “mmm yeah mmm hmm not sure if we can do this” and I point out that ALL IT NEEDS IS LIKE SIX PLASTIC RIVETS and they’re like “well yeah we can… probably do that,” so I go sit back down. Five minutes later the service consultant comes to get me and says “well we’re going to have to charge you $170 diagnostic fee just to look at it, it’s a lot of work to get under there to check it out (this is 100% bullshit, they absolutely know exactly what is required) oh and by the way it’s going to be at least four hours before we can look at it”.

me: “ok, so I have to pay you $170 and you might tell me you’re not even going to do anything about it?”

service dipshit: “yep”

me: “fuck you, that’s fucking insane, bye”

4 Likes

Good thing they are the only place left to get cars are…

1 Like

this is standard at dealers IME. at mine, they waive the fee if they end up doing work (and if I’m there I know 100% they will). still really stupid though.

1 Like

Just to back up what @TheDudeAbides said, its the same as the dealership I go to. The charge is pretty new for me, it happened at some time during Covid.

1 Like

Yeah I take my newer car to dealership still and they do this flat fee to look at it also. It’s a scam but seems everything about owning a car is a scam too so guess doesn’t surprise me

1 Like

Why on earth would you ever take a car that is no longer under warranty to the dealer? Don’t do that! Find a repair shop that you trust. Do this by asking around to other people that you trust.

Kinda habit I guess. Last car I had maintained by dealer lasted 21yrs and they never tried to get me to do anything unreasonable so was fine paying a little more on the oil changes/etc. I do all the tires/brakes type stuff elsewhere

I took my CRZ to a local shop for an oil change and they wanted to charge me an additional $400 to pressure wash the inside of the engine or some bullshit. It’s not just dealers.

1 Like

This is true, you need to find an honest repair shop. Word of mouth is worth a lot here.

My shop isn’t the cheapest around, but I’m 100% sure they would never bullshit me. They’ve also done lots of little diagnostic type stuff over the years for no charge.

Why oh why do online forms or models use fricken sliders to enter info. Just use a fricken box for data entry. Moneypuck I want goalies that have played 10 or more games this season. No not 17, okay 11 almost, not fricken 1, no not 13. F U.
(Moneypuck you’ve won me back. Reimer is the brave xtian warrior that wouldn’t wear the rainbow jersey during warmups on “Hockey is for everyone night”. Goalies that have played 11 or more games this season

4 Likes

when I talk to a potential customer and then they have me talk to someone else on their team, and I’m talking to this person and thinking “jesus why would they put an intern on this project??” and then I look the person up on linked in and they’re not an intern they’re a SENIOR SECURITY RESEARCHER or some shit like that

this person has a masters in EE from UIUC and five years experience as a software engineer and data scientist at a fortune 500 company

ordered burgers from local joint for pickup, you can’t call in an order, you have to use their website, which SUCKS of course and requires you to create an account with some shit company I’ve never heard of (chownow), they charge a “service fee” that “goes to the restaurant” on top of what I’m already paying, if I add a tip it tells me it “goes 100% to the restaurant” (not to the person who brings the food out???). And the best part, for my wife’s burger I put in “no butter on bun” in the “instructions” box, get home with the stuff and there’s NO BUN, on the receipt it says

NO butter
NO bun

fuck off shitbags

3 Likes