The Non-political ANGER THREAD

it’s abnormally cold here and the local utility has asked people to cut back a little bit on electricity today and oh my god the boomers in the nextdoor/neighborhood facebook. “THIS IS BIDENS FAULT FOR CRAMMING ELECTRIC CARS DOWN OUR THROAT” yada yada I mean just a fucking DELUGE of shit they’ve been saving up.

1 Like

My life is 100x better since I stopped reading next door posts and comments.

4 Likes

I’m sure this is a dumb question, but what’s wrong with LED headlights?

They’re too bright and typically aimed right in my eyes.

do you ever drive at night

As a low to the ground car driver all of these SUVs and trucks with bright white LEDs suck ass.

All the time. I’ve got no problems with them.

Are you driving an SUV, or something else that is high off the ground?

sedan

It’s all the people in SUVs with their headlines at a sedans eye level?

I guess it doesn’t really bother me and I don’t find it much brighter than non-LEDs were.

Someone once told me that a significant percent of cars headlights are aimed incorrectly.

My wife’s new Forester automatically dims if someone is coming. If you want to keep the brights on you have to physically push the blinker arm.

image (4)

2 Likes

I believe that is correct, lots of headlights are aimed too high.

And autodimming used to be a thing a long time ago, like 40+ years ago. Then disappeared for a while and is now fairly standard I think.

Also the US is lagging the rest of the 1st world in headlight tech as adaptive/moving/cornering headlights were just recently legalized by NHTSA.

I refer to Windows updates as the Microsoft Virus

“Take and Bake” bread can go right to hell, finish your damn job!

Transparently clickbait headlines that are LESS concise than if they just gave you the information

“State Department issues travel advisory for this Caribbean island”

I don’t care and have no plans to travel to the Bahamas, but FU anyway.