The Non-political ANGER THREAD

I moved on from hp to Brother laser and am happy. So far I’ve been able to use the knock off toner cartridges without issue as well. I think I paid about $250 and it is color.

Needing a personal printer :leolol:

I don’t have any complaints about whatever printers i use at work, rarely run into an issue.

1 Like

not only that, the system they use to check the “authenticity” of the ink cartridges has actually introduced a pretty significant security vulnerability (which is the overt justification they have used for introducing this bullshit).

in any case, buy a Brother printer.

Dipshit in front of me on this plane keeps flipping between Fox News and hgtv

Just landed, every fucking phone on this plane is blaring BLUE ALERT which I have never fucking heard of and is exactly as dumb as you think

File under BLMM?

Blue Lives Matter More

anyway I thought I had turned this shit off on my phone but appparently apple added additional categories which default to on, so I had to go back into notifications and turn off “public safety alerts”

Effing colllege sports. Sparties wipe out a 7 point deficit to tie it with 4 minutes left. I have to leave in 15 minutes. Commercials 5 and the first 6 minutes of that 15.

Quad 1 game vs Illinois that we need.

Assholes.

And now tons of contact no foul on our end and a NO CONTACT foul on D.

Karma bitches. Two steals. Up 4 with free throws coming w 1:39 left.

Winner winner chicken dinner

1 Like

my dog will sit patiently and stare at me any time I am cooking, which is absolutely my own fault for feeding her whatever I am having (but only at the counter, I never feed her from the table). That’s fine and doesn’t bother me but sometimes I’m making (e.g.) a salad and I tell her “it’s not for booboos” and I’ll even offer her a sniff of spinach or whatever, she’ll immediately turn her head away to let me know that spinach is gross, but then she KEEPS STARING at me, like she thinks I’m secretly also chopping up a big slab of beef under all the spinach. Fuck off!

2 Likes

We joke that our dogs live under the dictums in “The Tao of Petey” one of our OG Italian greyhounds.

Basically an instruction book for all the future dogs. In it, it clearly states that Daddy is sometimes clumsy and drops things and the look also works, even if it’s only once a year. can’t get the reward unless you put in the work

1 Like

1 Like

why do webex and MS teams try so hard to discourage you from joining via browser? I have to click like 4 times to confirm that I do indeed want to join via browser and not launch their dumb app

1 Like

OMG. And try to be an independent with multiple clients and jump from one to the next with different logins for each. So much easier to just do the guest route on the web app.

We use the same company for these, i got one a month or two back. Have to also watch these little security videos every month or two.

1 Like

My last company did those too. I got one with every phishing red flag they teach you about. External address warning in the subject line, email address like companyit@domain I’ve never heard of.cz, instructions to click a link. I forwarded it to our company phishing email address cause you get prizes for finding their tests. They wrote back “no that’s a legitimate email, please click the link.”

1 Like

Security Mentor? I fucking hate security mentor. Such a fucking waste of my time.

I also had a similar experience, in government though, but same exact fucking thing. The IT department was snarky about it when I pointed out that “we shouldn’t be sending stuff like this.” “Well it was forwarded to you by HR” was their response. I was like “Yeah, I know, but those emails can be spoofed and that domain was suspect as hell.” It was legit one of those “online personality tests” that they were using a private vendor for for some stupid study.

somewhat OT but the place I’m working now uses “Azure DevOps” platform for source control (git) management and project management (jira).

So think about that, there’s this whole Microsoft thing that does git pull requests, CI/CD, etc, that I’ve never heard of. Pretty intricate too, does a lot of stuff. Every other place I’ve ever worked has just used Github.

Github is owned by Microsoft.

lmao 8 days later I still don’t have this money. The other 3 contractors through this place got paid last week, but they were hired after me so its their first paycheck.

I sent the “Respond asap with the check number you’ve mailed to my home for this invoice” email an hour ago and nothing.

I’m completely fucked aren’t I

Seems likely, sorry to hear it. I hope you’re not still doing any work for them? When I was doing 1099 work and talking to others who did, I found this was fairly common. Pay someone until you don’t need them anymore, stiff them on their last month - very little they can do.

It almost sounds like this place is systematically hiring new contractors and getting 2 months work from each for the price of one? I am guessing the second month was more work than the first, as well?

You should check them out on the BBB website and see if anyone has lodged a complaint.