The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Trying to watch The Daily Show… “Hey Google, who owns Comedy Central?”

Google Home: MTV

“Hey Google, who owns MTV?”

Google Home: Viacom

“Hey Google, what is Viacom’s streaming platform?”

Google Home: Paramount Plus

Proceed to access it through Prime, and I only have Paramount Plus cause I forgot to cancel my free trial.

Corporations nested in corporations nested in corporations streaming through other brands on platforms from other corporations.

Well they emailed me back with a check number so that implies it comes in next couple business days and they’re not fly by night. IDK. One of those situations where they’re only going to pay me when they have to i.e. I complain. So fucking dumb, what do they get out of this? Another week of sitting on 5 figures of money, who cares?

like a fucking idiot I donated money to some doomed democrat who is running against marsha fucking blackburn and this shithead campaign immediately shared my info with every fucking dipshit democrat in the country, so now my phone is constantly getting URGENT ALERTS from chuckie shumer and hakeem and jon fucking tester, so fucking pissed I am sort of hoping trump wins and sends Gloria Fucking Johnson and her whole campaign team to fucking Gitmo

I sent ActBlue an angry email about this. I like sending money to random dems and they really seem to want me to regret it.

This seems more like political anger than non-political anger.

1 Like

yeah same, I lit them up and actblue just passed the buck and blamed the candidate

I believe all the “stop calling me godamnit” laws have carve outs for political calls so you may as well stop answering calls from people not in your phone book instead of letting everything ring through like a god damn hippie.

Nothing makes me rage hate Dems as quickly as act blue

3 Likes

it’s all texts (so far)

Are they spoofing the phone number or can you block them?

it’s a different number every time

1 Like

Too bad you can’t have an AI sit in front of your texts and block bullshit ones like this. There’s your million dollar idea for the day.

Assholes. I’ve been getting the no ring/ short ring with a voice mail deal lately.

They have effectively screwed us all by making us opt out of each separate PAC’s lists, so even when we opt out they can just give our number to 10 new ones. It’s like whack-a-mole.

I don’t think they have to even honor your opt out, it’s good to be the king…

I think Pixel phones have some degree of this, my wife gets 20 times as many spam texts on her iPhone as I do

1 Like

I think it’s a function of the messaging app you use. I use the default (?) Google app and it’s as good at filtering spam as Gmail. Of course with an android if you don’t like the default app for anything you can use any number of third party apps. Something is likely to be excellent. With Apple you’ve got their messages app. At least it can do imessages?

I used to get spammed by sportsbetting touts nonstop, but my Pixel blocks them.

1 Like

about to go to war with a shitty ebay seller who is trying to give me the runaround. it’s a shitty $20 item and this bozo probably thinks I’ll just go away if they slowwalk the process but I am absolutely going to the mat to get this money back.

You sound like my brother. Went to war with Paypal for months over a small amount until they finally relented. It’s about the principle, don’t give in to these scammy corporations.