The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Food poisoning.

1 Like

austin-powers-mike-myers

2 Likes

Other end, all dry. Hope its not an ulcer…

The one meal I had yesterday was some leftover spaghetti noodles that I threw some margarine and salt on and microwaved.

The margarine expired in June.

I don’t think expired margarine would make you sick, especially if it looked and smelled OK.

Oh, so you’re smarter than chatgpt now huh?

1 Like

I think either the margarine or the spaghetti could be the culprit

1 Like

I hate corporate America so fucking much.

Will you sign here to lose this negotiation? (please don’t put no, we really want to make sure we fuck you over as much as possible on salary)

I actually like this. a few years ago you used to have to get through the entire interview process to find out they paid shit. gets it out of the way early.

lots of listings post the salary range now though, so I just pick a number in their range.

1 Like

Yeah no. I got all the way through the application before getting to that then I’m out. I’m not going to work for someone who demands “tell us the minimum we’ll have to pay you” and also have the gall to say “this is a ball park” uh no, no its not. Fuck off.

Whoever goes first in a salary negotiation gives the other side a freeroll. They’re not going to go above their maximum if you overshoot, but if you undershoot they’re just going to meet your number and that’ll be that. Likewise if they go first you’re never getting a dollar less than they offered, and you know there’s probably room above that.

this is correct if you’re going in blind

it’s too easy nowadays to get accurate market info on what people are paying, I have zero problem naming a number when I first talk with a recruiter about a possibility, as the Dude said, it lets you weed out the losers extremely quickly.

2 Likes

In a GTO world commonWealth is right. That being said I go first on nearly every negotiation I have, and I book four rate confirmations worth of trucking on a median work day. Like pvn said it speeds up the process enormously and time isn’t free.

I think the range of prices are somewhat defined and limited? While salaries are all over the map and very “hidden”?

there are a ton of websites that are making salary data more transparent, but these depend on people actually supplying accurate info, so a lot of them are blank spaces for smaller companies etc.

The best method I’ve found to calibrate my asks is to simply take calls from every recruiter who contacts me on linkedin, go straight to the compensation issue, and keep pushing my ask up until I start getting consistent “that’s way outside of the range”.

1 Like

It really depends, in some cases yeah trucking is super defined, but in others it’s not. And every once in a while I overprice the initial offer and my phone melts.

Jobs aren’t anywhere near as hidden as they used to be I feel like.

This is true, but they’re still nowhere near transparent enough in most cases.

While we’re on the subject of job applications, I love it when you have an interview and the interviewee says that it’s been really difficult to fill the position and then they don’t end up hiring you or even advancing you to the next step.

Kindly go fuck yourself with the nearest cactus. Labor shortages are a myth.

1 Like

To be fair, it IS really difficult to fill positions if your requirements and expectations are completely unreasonable.

5 Likes