The Non-political ANGER THREAD

I’m at a very small, packed airport where the gates have 1.5x as many people looking for seats as there are seats. And 1/3 of the seats are taken by asshats who think their bag, hat, phone etc needs a seat.

Existing space heater and crack window?

Put the space heater in the open doorway so some of the excess heat goes into the hall?

Let if get cold. Get too cold, “heat” things up. Profit.

That sucks. Hang in there until Monday.

1 Like

I mean, I absolutely call him, let him know this is unacccepable, and that if he can’t get it fixed within 24 hours you’re hiring your own emergency repair person and then deducing the cost of that from next month’s rent, as you are entitled to by law, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I’d contemporaneously be sending him a certified letter return receipt requested to that effect.

These would be good solutions if my wife and I weren’t light sleepers who… in my case need blackout shades that totally seal off the windows, and in my wife’s case needs the bedroom door closed and locked to feel safe to sleep.

:vince1:

Would definitely result in the problem getting solved faster at no immediate cost to me, but he’d probably make it all up in a few months by jacking up my monthly rent more than the cost of this or by forcing us out instead of renewing, then nitpicking the security deposit.

Financially, I have to kowtow unfortunately.

I’m not doubting that this is true. Seems like a high bar. I’m not sure I could do this for my own house if needed and obviously I’d be quite incentivized to get it done.

You don’t live in an area that has emergency HVAC repair people? It’s expensive but they exist in most developed areas. I mean, yeah, if you need a new furnace it’s not happening in 24 hours, but if it’s an easy fix they can do it.

That was mostly what I was thinking of. There are some causes I could take care of in 24hrs, but some which I couldn’t. If I need a new furnace that’s going to require research, second opinions, getting bids, etc.

Just had an HVAC unit and water heater need replacing in the same week. WEEEEEEEE

Maybe get one of those lamp timers for the heater that people use to turn their lights on and off?

1 Like

Also, add some blankets and try sleeping with sweats on. If you have camping gear now would be a great time to play with your sleeping bag…

1 Like

Had something similar right before Christmas. A package was wrongly addressed and delivered to our house.
I tried to contact the carrier (GLS) to let them know. First off, I checked the online tracking feature showed that the package was signed for by the consignee which is impossible because the package was dropped off on our porch and that person definitely doesn’t live here.
Their customer service number is not easy to find on their website. When I called, the robot voice asked for a tracking number which I provided. All attempts ended with “If you can’t give us the tracking number, we can’t help you. Call again when you have the tracking number.”
So there was no way to contact them. I found the person a few weeks later by checking door bell signs.

Got the thermostat properly working on the space heater last night, and it was much better. Wife woke up feeling better, too. It’s also warmer and sunnier than forecast, so that should help a lot to warm the house up today so we’re starting from a warmer point tonight.

All my old camping gear is at my parents house lol… Yeah, sleeping bags would have been perfect for this situation.

1 Like
  • little badge icon says I have three new messages
  • go to inbox, click first message, read message
  • click “back” button on browser expecting to go back to list of messages in my inbox
  • instead go all the way back to the main page, have to click on “inbox” again

when I lived in a big 100+ year old house with 6 guys in college we would keep the thermostat set to like 58 or 60 because our heating bills were so bad. I think one month we paid $700, the house used oil and this was in 2006 or 2007 when gas prices skyrocketed. Also probably had awful insulation and windows and was 3 levels.

Just be careful and make sure there’s nothing around the space heater, those things are fire hazards.

1 Like

We have the orange truck company. They’ll get you what you need in 24 hours but expect to pay double the going rate.

Stayed at the Horseshoe this weekend to see U2 at the Sphere and starting about a month before the trip to today they have sent me 2-3 emails a day. Do they ever stop?

No

1 Like

They just keep touring and making records.

3 Likes