The Non-political ANGER THREAD

NYC now allows one just to tap your CC to the reader, and you get the same benefits as if using a Subway card, which I believe the city is in the process of eliminating.

What do they expect kids to do? Well, at least the not rich ones.

Iā€™m assuming one can also use their phone to tap as well. I donā€™t know what the plan is for people who ride every day and have neither a CC or a phone.

IMG_1167

My blood is back to boiling with rage.

Got an email today that my renewal documents are ready for review, and to log in to review them. Guess what, I still canā€™t fucking log in because my ā€œE-Service Privilegesā€ are still revoked due to an error that they made and have admitted to making. Called customer service and they confirmed my account still has an access block on it and there is nothing they can do to remove it because ā€œthe system automatically locks it for 6 months and we canā€™t remove that even if we wanted toā€. Last time I checked, 8 is more than 6. And it has been 8 fucking months now. So she ā€œmade a note on my account to have it reviewedā€. And I wonā€™t get any notice from them when that happens, so I should just check back at the end of the month. What the fuck kind of customer experience are they trying to create by not allowing you to access your account for the majority of a year? It truly, deeply, profoundly boggles all of my mind. I canā€™t even fathom a bad reason to have such a policy.

Anyway, Iā€™m up for renewal in May. Need to start shopping for a different company which is a whole other headache I dread. Any suggestions?

Iā€™m a AAA member and also use them for auto and homeowners insurance. No complaints.

If donā€™t know if they have autopay, I just pay online every 6 months.

2 Likes

Same here, no complaints.

Progressive is cheap and will do anything possible to not pay an insurance claimā€¦ which makes them exactly the same as the other insurers who are more expensive and also will do anything possible to not pay an insurance claim.

Iā€™ve had progressivr for home and auto for like 10+ years and besides the usual rate increases I donā€™t have any complaints.

Bonus: I have not been locked out of their website for absolutely no reason and blacklisted for a year.

2 Likes

Have been a AAA member forever so Iā€™ll take a look at what they have to offer.

I just left a review for Liberty Mutual on BBB. Not that it means anything but Iā€™m ready to start leaving very negative reviews for them everywhere I can. Iā€™m just so unbelievably annoyed with this experience.

1 Like

Itā€™s 1am, itā€™s my last patient of the day:

Parent: My 7 year old boy says his heart is on fire, is he having a heart attack?
Me: Hey buddy do you like Takis?
Kiddo: THEYā€™RE MY FAVORITE
Parent: Why would you ask that? Are you assuming all Mexicans eat Takis?
Me: Just 7 year old boys, was going to ask flaming hot Cheetos next because thatā€™s the other common one
Parent: Ridiculous
Me: So when did he eat the Takis?
Parent: About two hours ago
Me: ā€¦
Parent: ā€¦
Me: So heā€™s going to be ok, weā€™ll give him some Mylanta.

Whatā€™s your most obscure food related patient? Saw a news article about some Uber spicy chip that was being sold in single chip serving targeting kids presumably and some were ending up in ER (or dead??) donā€™t remember

1 Like

His heart is on fire. Like itā€™sā€¦burning. Itā€™s literally right thereā€¦

1 Like

One chip challenge. I do believe one kid (with an undiagnosed preexisting condition) died.

Iā€™ve had the one chip challenge kid in the ER. He was fine though.

Dumbest food related thing is this guy who has gotten a hot dog stuck in his esophagus 10 times now.

5 Likes

As a teen I went to the hospital two (2) times for bagel-slicing injuries.

Itā€™s avocados these days

meh avocado hand and bagel slicing happens all the time

Anyways this just made me think of my favorite dumb patient story. 18 year old kid came in with the chief complaint of erectile dysfunction at 3am. Reeks of weed. Obviously blazed as fuck, as the kids say.

I straight up tell him thatā€™s not an ER complaint and to go home, then he gets all serious. He said his girlfriend put her finger up his ass and he lost his boner, and he was worried that he was gay now.