Wookie's Walrus Wreveal

You probably did before New York changed the call on the field. Clear signs of riggage.

1 Like

I think the meanest thing I can say about this round’s champion is that the artist apparently recorded two versions of the same song, one “gentle” and one “storm.” I got the gentle version, and I think the storm version is much, much better. Gentle was enough to win, though. Beautiful song. I love the old feel to it. The singing is so good that little quirks stick out, like “emo … breath … tion!” and “Endluss,” but that’s just me nitpicking because the rest of the vocals are so good.

The Gentle Storm - Endless Sea (Gentle Version)

Here’s the storm version so everyone else can scold our winner for picking wrong yet still winning:

1 Like

I prefer the Storm version myself but I thought the gentle (or even unplugged) version was the safer bet. The description of your musical tastes didn’t mention anything about rock or metal.

Guess that’s on me, because I generally do like them.

This slaps too:

1 Like

Then you’ll probably like the whole album. I submitted Heart of Amsterdam to Skydiver during a grab bag. Shores of India is another good one.

confirmed riggage. '39 >> gentle storm

I love ‘39! When I first heard it my best guess was that it might be ELO.

I was surprised to learn that (like “Come Sail Away”) it’s about a spaceship rather than a sailing ship.

2 Likes

not only that it is about special relativity

Snail Mail is mine

OK, for our next category, I’m going to award everyone 5.5 points, and we can just move on.

OK not really, but fuck, this category is hard. I thought it was going to be hard for you, picking songs in an esoteric category, not for me, just choosing my favorite. I like all these songs.

2 Likes

Would have been my submission

But I am somehow very partial to long late 60’s/early 70s songs that at their halfway point just grow on one theme

(Hey Jude and Layla are in my top 3 songs of all time)

Good stuff so far. I forgot to get into this. I’m shocked nobody picked what I would have for Friday. I would have gone with Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town. I think the lyrics are pretty ideal for the subtext.

Friday night they’ll be dressed to kill
Down at Dino’s Bar ‘n’ Grill
The drink will flow and blood will spill
And if the boys wanna fight, you better let 'em

I don’t know what I would have done for ghetto, I’d have been in the tank. After a few minutes looking just now, the best I had was Where I’m From by Jay-Z.

For French, I’d have doubled up on a podium song. I don’t know what anything in the song means, but a streamer played it once and I liked it.

For Captain, the first song that came to mind would have been Captain Jack by Billy Joel, and I probably would have gone with it. I’m surprised nobody picked that one, too.

The shoe fits, but this is another song I’ve got a deep, personal hatred for. Yeah, I think I’m even taking Jason Isbelle above it.

The Boys are Back in Town or Captain Jack? I don’t particularly like Captain Jack (it’s a decent song, just kind of sad), but the title fit being on the nose without it being a corny use of Captain, while having a theme that could kind of fit subtextually would have been good. I do like The Boys are Back in Town, although it’s more like a once every few months in the car song than a repeat listen song.

The former.

Boooooooooo! I’m really curious to see the last two categories, I’d be between two songs on #6 and I expect both to be picked. The first song that came to mind for #5 I’m curious to see if it’s picked, although I don’t think you’d have liked it.

I cant remember what the next category is but my remaining picks were SOLID and I will die on that hill

Claiming Psycho Killer and Rock the Boat

1 Like

Back to back wins and never having not podiumed has @LouisCyphre looking very strong, but the race for the rest of the podium could hardly be tighter.

1 Like

Pretty dominant performance by @LouisCyphre so far. Feels like I’m just playing for 2nd.

1 Like