The Non-political ANGER THREAD

1. listening to podcast on my phone through airpods
  2. pause podcast
  3. phone rings, I can hear the ringtone in my airpods
  4. push button on airpod
  5. phone keeps ringing
  6. push again
  7. phone keeps ringing
  8. notice the MUSIC APP on my fucking macbook has opened, motherfucker I will NEVER want to open the MUSIC APP

I stopped using AirPods specifically because I was unable to stop them from randomly connecting to my computer.

Well since upgrading to Sonoma and ios17 this is a lot better but yeah, there are still times where it is obvious what should happen and it still flips back to the MacBook and opens the music app.

The problem of it alerting me that Iā€™m no longer near my AirPods when theyā€™re literally in my ears has gone away

cow-orker who just calls my cell phone instead of slacking what the FUCK man

slack pet peeve are ellipses with ambiguous/no clear reason or meaning.

Example: ā€œHey X are you joining this meeting at 3?ā€

ā€œYes I will be thereā€¦ā€

I notice boomers are more prone to this. I have nfi what it means.

1 Like

Okā€¦

2 Likes

One of my cats has thrown up a couple times in the past few days so I just paid $450 for a vet visit and blood work. Insanity.

3 Likes

I recently paid a similar amount for a ā€œseniorā€ cat bloodwork. My cat is 8 years old.

Still 95% cheaper than having kids, so I tell myself my life decisions have paid off.

3 Likes

Youā€™re also not allowed to euthanize your kids when the medical bills would get too expensive.

2 Likes

Thanks Obama!

1 Like

That is considered senior. Mine is 12, still kickin and no health problems, but yea itā€™s like $500 once or twice a year for a full screen. Cats die suddenly of problems because they donā€™t typically show symptoms or pain very often until itā€™s very advanced.

1 Like

NEW wrinkle on this one!

1. listening to podcast on phone
  2. remove one airpod to scratch ear
  3. put airpod back in, expect podcast to resume
  4. nothing happens
  5. push button
  6. something that is not my podcast starts playing
  7. a random youtube tab that I opened on my laptop 3 months ago and buried among 470 other tabs I have opened is now playing
1 Like

I should clarify that my cats are 2.

We took our other cat in because she had a cold (that had cleared up by the time a vet could see her, so they pretty much just said ā€œā€¦yep, itā€™s a catā€) a week before, so obviously the issue with our second cat was the exact same cold but gotta drop $500 on tests to make my wife feel better.

Now she wants to spend $600 on getting his teeth cleaned.

We originally got the cats because ā€œif weā€™re not going to have a baby I at least want kitties to keep me companyā€ but guess whoā€™s pushing hard for a baby now? :harold:

1 Like

lmao if that was her reason for getting a cat you were already fucked

1 Like

the same shitbag Iā€™ve been complaining about that starts new slack group DMs 40x/day and CALLED MY CELL PHONE unscheduled rather than just slack me sent out invites for a 7:00AM call THIS MORNING, and sent it YESTERDAY at noon AND then slacked me about it at 9:30PM. I am going to show up since itā€™s with a prospect but Iā€™m not going to ack either his invite or the slack.

1 Like

Did he frantically call/text/DM you this morning before 7am to ask if you were coming?

try to print a recipe from one of those dumb cooking bloggers, get the ā€œprintable viewā€ and when I print it, thereā€™s a huge embedded video right in the middle of the page, oh yeah I can really click on that in the printout you fuck, now I just have a big goofy pic of the dumb blogger eating the dumb thing, which eats up a bunch of ink and make the printout take two pieces of paper instead of one, FUCK YOU

(this mostly pissed me off because the iphone print preview just showed a big blank space where the video is, but the actual thing that came out of the printer has the goofy thumbnail frame printed out)

1 Like

You might try the reader view next time, it usually clears out the extra crap.

For our weekly card game with my parents, weā€™ve used the free version of Zoom with a 40 minute time limit since the start of Covid, and since the game would usually take an hour Iā€™d just start a new meeting when the time limit ran out and everyone would rejoin in a couple minutes.

Apparently they decided they need to upsell more people on paying for Zoom, so after 40 minutes passes it stops me from starting a new meeting for ten minutes. So someone else has to start it, which is usually my wife, but then she always forgets her Zoom password or something and needs to reset it like every week, so it takes forever to get back into the meeting.

gonna need an answer to this, thatā€™s a real corporate power move by pvn